1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Need ability to automate "bypass" for effects ;)

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by cdash7, Jun 19, 2014.

1. cdash7

cdash7 New Member

I hope this hasn't already been covered or there's a simple workaround because it seems obvious but, i would love to have the ability to automate the "bypass" button for effects. .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Been asked for by me many times before. Even just if all built-in effects had a dry/wet parameter, it would be a start.

3. cdash7

cdash7 New Member

Good point. Yes, I suppose we could use step parameter lock for the dry wet/mix knobs on Maschine's own effects that have it but automating the bypass button seems much more intuitive and hands on. . It would really shine with Reaktor and Guitar Rig effects such as Traktors 12, etc.

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Most (if not all) Traktor's 12 effects have either mute and/or dry/wet parameters, don't they? They're a much better way of automating on/off.

Bypass effects from the controller at the moment is a two-handed (or, at least, two digits on one big hand) affair, so how do you propose it to be intuitive to automate?
    REAPER has a dry/wet control built-in to their plugin window, so that could be one way: it would allow dry/wet automation of whatever effect/module/plugin was loaded. It would have to be on the level of the module when accessing from the controller, so maybe just built-in to the module for the Maschine plugins, but as a learnable/mappable parameter in the plugin window for external plugins.

However, this does raise the issue again of how they changed the step sequencing of effects: you can no longer easily set a parameter to be constant for the duration of a pattern e.g., creating a variation of a pattern with an effect fully wet on it. It's now an absolutely pain because step automation for effects creates two points so that it is just for that one step. I realise some prefer this way, but it is very different from the 1.x way (which I miss) and there really should be the option of which method.

5. cdash7

cdash7 New Member

Yes. . I was referring to Maschine Studio standalone from the controller itself. . I apologize for not being more specific. . Of course, i'm a total newbie so maybe i'm missing something :D . . But it would seem much more intuitive to have my track playing and then yes, with two hands - be able to punch in "Bypass" with automation, wherever i see fit. . That seems much more intuitive than, like you said, creating two points for step parameter lock and figuring where i want my effect to come in and end.

Seems like i should be able to punch that baby in and out on the fly. .

6. crystaldrone

crystaldrone NI Product Owner