1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Need an installer for B4II 2.0.4

Discussion in 'B4 & B4 II' started by GeoW97, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoW97

GeoW97 NI Product Owner

VERY sad to see this one go, but glad to hear it'll still work on Snow Leopard. Just bought a new MacBook Pro, don't still have an installer for B4II, which I own, and dragging the B4 folder into "applications" and the B4 componenet into audio>plugins>components didn't work (asked me for a folder, I didn't point it to the one with the tonewheels in it, and now it won't give me another chance). Can't find a B4II installer ANYWHERE on this site; HELP!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. heyitsjimi

heyitsjimi New Member

I'm in the same boat, sort of. I just bought a new MacBook Pro after using a PowerBook G4 with B4 (not B4II). I just bought another PC 1600x to replace one that's on it's last legs.....and OH NO! I desperately need to get B4II from somewhere. I was happy with B4 but thought I'd get used to B4II after some tweaking. I use this A LOT. Live and studio. I am so bummed, freaked actually.
    Can anybody help me ?

Thanks,
    Jimi

3. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

4. GeoW97

GeoW97 NI Product Owner

I'm going to see if I can find the installer (I had it a couple weeks ago) and I'll share it via my iDisc. I'm making a reminder now; I'll try to post the link tonight. Crazy that it's not available on the NI website (BELIEVE ME, I have tried EVERYTHING, starting with checking or unchecking "already downloaded").

5. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Ah- if you're a registered user, the 2.0.4 installer is there; I checked before I posted the link. And, I'd pull your link if I were you; that's redistribution.

ew

6. GeoW97

GeoW97 NI Product Owner

No, it's not there if you got it by buying Komplete 3; it's nowhere in the list of K3 updaters, nor on the root directory of updaters. At least I can't find it (I just checked again), and couldn't find it when I needed it; I was very lucky to find it on an old pocket drive. I'm going to leave the link up until Jimi says he got it; for one thing I doubt it's "redistribution" of anything significant unless I'm distributing a license or making money on it somehow, and for another, if NI won't distribute this themselves in the first place, there's no earthly reason why I shouldn't help a fellow user out.

7. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Ah- yes it is; I got my B4 license with Komplete 3. Look under B4 II; it's there..

ew

8. GeoW97

GeoW97 NI Product Owner

Ah- no it's not; there's no B4II to look under. I'll say it once again: I have looked everywhere, and it's not there on ANY page, including "unprotected updates" or anywhere else on the website. Maybe you're configured differently than I am somehow, but believe me when I tell you that I, and a number of other users, don't have access to it.

9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

It's not listed with the K3 updates but by itself. And, it's listed under B4 2 and not B4 II- my mistake.

ew

10. heyitsjimi

heyitsjimi New Member

I originally bought the B4. I never updated to B4II. I'm sorry, but I can't find anything for B4II. All they seem to want to give me is B4 v1.1.5, which I already have. I thought I'd read somewhere in here that it was ok to share it. I'm not trying to rip off poor little ol' NI. I'd be happy to buy it if they'd sell it to me, or from a re-seller if they didn't want a zillion bucks. I hope I don't sound like a wise guy. It's not my intention.

Does NI really care if we're just trying to help each other and aren't selling anything?
    I need this instrument. I use it a lot. I'm not trying to hurt anybody, I just want to get back to making music like I did before I had the brilliant idea to upgrade..(sigh)

Jimi

11. heyitsjimi

heyitsjimi New Member

I just went back a page or 2, to a stickie posted by Thomas@ Ni. It says in part:

B4 II has been discontinued - please read here for the details

"However, you will still be able to get regular tech support from NI as long as you use these instruments under a supported operating system. Also, you can still install and activate discontinued products, as well as buy or sell them privately. They also won't be removed if you install the new Komplete 6 over a previous Komplete version"

That pretty much squelches the redistribution issue mentioned by ew.

GeoW97, would you please send me that link. I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate it I'd be forever in your debt. There's a few other plug-ins that don't work since I upgraded, but this is the only one that has me totally up the creek without a paddle.
    My email address is: heyitsjimi@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot,

Jimi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.