1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with Scratch vinyls MK2 distorted sound at the beginning of the mk2 records

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by dlvo, Dec 15, 2013.

1. dlvo

dlvo New Member

Hello, i am using Traktor Scratch pro 2 with traktor vinyl mk2 on Stanton-st150.
    I have a problem with the vinyls. I use them with absolute mode in Traktor that means absolute tracking the needle. My problem started a couple of weeks ago, the vinyl started to sound distorted when i put the needle on the beginning of the record and it goes like that for like 5 seconds and afterwards it goes back to normal. Curiously this happens to the both vinyls at the same time, same problem same side (the native logo side).

Please help me to solve this problem out. I cannot figure out what is the problem.

2. Phonex

Phonex New Member

same problem here

3. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

can you upload a video?
    what traktor version?

4. dlvo

dlvo New Member

Ok, i will, tomorrow.
    Latest version 2.6.5 (R250)

5. DJ Freshfluke

yeah, i'd be interested.

6. dlvo

dlvo New Member

7. DJ Freshfluke

cant read what's in the preferences etc. but the calibration circles look AWFUL in the beginning. do you have the chance to test other needles/cartridges? is it happening on both sides? could this part of the record probably be just totally worn out (i.e.: you're using mostly absolute mode and therefore usually start your record at the beginning)?

8. dlvo

dlvo New Member

The other sides works ok but still have problems at some point the needle jumps (on other side) and thats why i dont use it. Yes i always start the record from the beginning. I don t have other cartridge/needle to test, i have black mk1 vinyl and also they work ok except for 1 witch is warped more than it can be repaired.

I taught that its worn off too but its weird how both of them started distorting at the same time same side. All indicate that the problem is with the vinyl itself... i tried to clean it roughly so it does not have anything on the surface and no results.

9. dlvo

dlvo New Member

The settings should be ok, i didn't change anything in the meantime wile i was playing and didn't encounter any problem. The settings are the same as before when everything was ok.

10. djelias

djelias New Member

been experiencing some new issues since I've upgraded to version 2.6.5 of traktor. I made this video with a similar issue as the post's originator. Here!! it only distorts sound if I try to scratch or backtrack a song. I switched out needles and to no avail can anyone help?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  11. djivobutnot

djivobutnot NI Product Owner

Usually, this problem is due wear of the timecode vinyl. Just replace it (or turn it over) ;)

12. dlvo

dlvo New Member

i need a confirmation if this is the case. Why it might be that is something software related and not wear of vinyl? because they both do the exact same thing at the exact same time. How is that even possible that 2 vinyls wear at the same time?

13. DJ Freshfluke

do you have a video for me?