NEED LICENSE ID...NO REPLY FROM NI!!

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Ryan Price, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Ryan Price

Ryan Price New Member

Hello I purchased a used MK2 Maschine sampler off Ebay 2 weeks ago and while trying to register and download the software to use the unit I was prompted for a Transfer License ID.

I read up on what I needed to do and contacted the seller. I also opened a ticket (1766717) to get the process started in case the seller did not have that info.

The seller also contacted NI support.

I've been waiting for about 4-5 days now with no reply to either me or the seller from NI about this issue.

I opened another ticket yesterday (1768959) in case the first one was some how lost in NI's Customer Support.

I really don't want to have to return this unit to the seller I purchased it from, but this is becoming ridiculous, and I can't help but to feel like I'm being yanked around by a HUGE tech company I've promoted and supported through out the years.

Especially now that I've been reading through the forums and realize this seems to be the standard treatment Native Instrument's customers receive when purchasing used gear after newer models get released.

Im really just looking for help here from Customer Support as a last ditch effort before I completely close the door between me and NI.

2. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

If the MK2 is registered to the seller all he has to do is sign in to his account and initiate a product transfer with the information you give to the seller.

3. Ryan Price

Ryan Price New Member

Right on I’ll inform him to see if that will clear things up.

Thanks for the reply, this is getting beyond frustrating.

4. Ryan Price

Ryan Price New Member

07D22D08-D95C-4704-8F25-FFA3B06EBD75.png

Attached Files:

5. Ryan Price

Ryan Price New Member

I’ve contacted NI Germany... still no reply. Tagged them in multiple posts on social media which my producer friends have told me personally worked for them...nothing.

This is the 2nd time the seller has requested transfer of license.

6. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Did you go to your account, click on license transfer at the top, and then click on import to my account to make sure it hasn't already been transferred?

7. Ryan Price

Ryan Price New Member

With out the generated license ID from NI there is nothing I can do...unless I pirate all of the software needed...

8. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

License transfers sometimes can a few days. Also, consider the N.I. is closed on weekends.

9. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

To be fair, seller should have done this before he sold the item. But NI will not answer you, this is down to seller to chase.

10. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

There's quite a few threads about people buying used equipment. I believe if you give NI the serial number they will try to track down the owner and ask if they will transfer the license. After that, you're on your own. Always make sure the software and licenses are included before you buy.

11. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hello Ryan,

Matt here from Support.
    I'm sorry for the delay on getting this sorted for you.
    I have reviewed your request and raised the priority so our team can have a look at it as soon as they are back in office. Please note that while I understand your frustration, creating multiple support tickets is only slowing down the process. Like it has been mentioned here, we are not open on weekend and license transfer can take up to 3 working days to be processed.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about this.