1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

New display mods.

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by kokernutz, Dec 1, 2017.

1. JuanT

JuanT New Member

Could you please explain further how to make this? (or, if that makes things easier, share the updated qmI files to turn this feature back on)
    I also miss the MixerFX cycling option ^_^

2. AcidAlex303

AcidAlex303 NI Product Owner

Did you manage to find a solution? Looks like I’m not the only one who missed the MixerFX :)

3. AcidAlex303

AcidAlex303 NI Product Owner

Hopefully kokernutz will update it soon :)

4. Disco Danny

Disco Danny NI Product Owner

I'll try to upload the qml files 2nite that work with Mixer FX and display of the proper key and keymatching;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. djdqdallas

djdqdallas New Member

Would definitely love that!

6. Disco Danny

Disco Danny NI Product Owner

OK guys & maybe girls, here's the complete QML map which works perfect for me.
    It's a combination of the great work of Kokernuts and Erik Minekus and some other modifications I found on this forum.

It's is perfect working on my S5 in combination with 2 x D2.
    Works best when you copy the complete QML map (don't forget to back up your existing QML map first)

The most important mods in this QML map are:

-shows matching keys in the browser
    -proper key display on your S5 / D2 display
    -MixerFX cycling via shift+FX button
    -reset all MixerFX to 'filter' by pushing 'tempo' button
    -colored waveforms
    -choose your own info shown on your S5 / D2 screens via prefs

Have fun with it & 'Keep the vibe alive'

Attached Files:

• qml.zip
      File size:
      4.7 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. djdqdallas

djdqdallas New Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Works great!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JuanT

JuanT New Member

Thank you so much Disco Danny !!!
    Seems to work like charm, though I noticed a little bug: displayed names of the Filter FX on the S5 don't seem to correspond well with those shown on the PC. Not a big deal, but just to let you know in case you didn't notice.

BTW, anyone knows how to make this mod (or for the matter, kokernutz's mod) to display bar markers?!?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  9. Martin Orenda

Martin Orenda New Member

Hey Buddy,

Do you think that the following functionality can be added properly to your mapping for S5:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...-mod-move-active-loop-by-1-beat.335993/page-3
    In this mod :

- Flux button will activate/deactivate loop mode,
    - Shift+Flux will activate/deactivate flux mode,
    - Shift+Browse for an 8 beats track seek,
    - Displays buttons left [<] and right [>] for a one beat track seek,
    - Shift+Loop will move an active loop one beat by one beat.

Best Regards

10. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

is this for 3.2 because it crashes my traktor if my s5 is plugged in. I have the original qml backup up, and deleted the qml before moving your copy into the NI folder so I wouldn't have issues copying it in with permissions, which has happened in the past.

11. skymakai

skymakai Member

I just tried this mod and found it doesn't work; the Kontrol S5 doesn't recognize Traktor.

12. DJ5D

DJ5D New Member

13. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Is there a specific of 3.2 version that this works with? I went back to 3.1.1.8 a while ago because the last time I updated things just got to screwed up and I couldn't figure out exactly what was causing crashes.

14. Daskind

Daskind New Member

Hey Disco Danny... Do you use Cape? WHAT A HERO! Hehe

Reaaaally, good, incredible Job out there. Working like a Charm on my S5. One little thing, tho. Is there anyway to see the beatgrid like "Dim" mode? I mean the bars and phrases ticks to be Brighter than the beat ticks? That's the only little thing that I am missing (I've seen other mods that can do this but have issues of other kind).
    My other question is: How can I change the waveform colours?

Once again, thannks a lot for the great work!

• Like Like x 2
  15. LordLovat

LordLovat New Member

Did anybody get the key to display correctly with Kokernutz latest mod.
    I've tried playing around in the prefs to display different things, but guessing NI did a lot with keys and naming convention when they upgraded.

16. kokernutz

kokernutz NI Product Owner

Sorry I have not updated my mods for 3.2!

I promise I will do them for the 3.3 release which hopefully soooooooon!!! :eek:

Also, NI, if you are listening, please steal my mods and incorporate them into the full Traktor release!

:cool:

• Like Like x 6
  17. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

Good mornng everyone, some of you may know me and some others not, but I’m here to inform all of you that I've just posted in Patreon update 2.3 of the MOD: Supreme Edition 2.3
    You can find more info of the mod and the features that it includes here. It supports Traktor Pro 3.2 and 3.3 BETA 69.
    The reason why I’m posting this here is that until now, my mod didn’t specifically support the Traktor S5. However, I’ve put a lot of efforts lately to make it fully compatible, and I’ve added many features that may spice a little bit more your sets with the S5. The S5 support is in BETA testing as this is the first release which includes S5 support.
    Also, it’s important to note in this update that you can choose, in the Preferences menu, between two Deck styles (inspired in Traktor’s Decks and in the Denon’s Prime SC5000). The info displayed in the Traktor one will be fully customizable from the Preferences file, as displayed in the picture below) from the preferences file located in the preferences folder.
    Here’s how the Traktor one looks like right now:
    upload_2020-1-9_14-12-12.jpeg
    Next week I'll try to release a new version which will fix some minor bugs that I'm already aware of and any bug that you report to me. However, I've decided to roll this update as they are minor bugs and I'm sure many of you will love the new features, specially Traktor S5 users!

I hope that those who decide to support me and my MOD on Patreon enjoy it, happy DJing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. snowseals

snowseals NI Product Owner

@Aleix Jiménez
    ...and here I am... a (donated) Traktor S8 user :( ;)
    Will it help to let you know what works / what not to make it compatible for S8 some day?

19. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

It’s already fully compatible with the S8 and the D2 controllers, and since now with the S5 too (some users are already testing it and reporting to me the bugs they find). :thumbsup:
    And by the way, check your inbox where there’s a late christmas present for you :)

20. swendicci

swendicci New Member

Hi Danny,
    did you make update of your mode for latest Traktor version 3.3.0 104?
    among all the mods I've tried yours worked the best, maybe the simplest but stable. And most of all I liked the look of the waveforms on my s5 display
    I hope you have time to make update.