Closed New Firmware for Traktor Kontrol S3 and S2 MK3 with Midi Mode

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Mel3Brown, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Mel3Brown

Mel3Brown New Member

A few hours ago, I successfully updated my S2 Mk3 to version with MIDI mode. (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709)

Meanwhile, I tried using S2 Mk3 as generic remote in Cubase 10. Although many functions are very well described in your attached Definition Document, but some of them still remain unclear, at least for me. For example, I can not make to work meters on S2 Mk3, until I have been found
    an unexpected solution; MIDI Channel 6, note G-2 for Mixer Channel A VU Meter and MIDI channel 7, note G-2 for Mixer Channel B VU Meter.

Cheers!

2. Michael K @ NI

Michael K @ NI NI Team NI Team

Mel3Brown I m not sure i fully understand. Did you in the end get it to work or not? The meters are supposed to work addressing the note and channels you describe (CH6 G-2 and CH7 G-2). Sending values between 0 and 127 to these Notes will linearly distribute them on the VU meters.

cheers
    M

3. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team Moderator

4. Mel3Brown

Mel3Brown New Member

Sander @ NI
    Thank you very much.

5. raviadds

raviadds New Member

unable to put the S3 into MIDI mode. Any suggestions?

6. Ben B

Ben B New Member

I'm having trouble putting my S2 MK3 into MIDI mode. When I boot up the device and hold a FLX button, nothing happens. The hotcue buttons never flash green and no MIDI data is sent when I move the controls.

The firmware update seemed to work. I attempted to re-run the firmware update, but the updater says 0.3.2 is already installed and no action is necessary. I believe I jumped from version 0.3.0 to 0.3.2.

Which FLX button do we hold? I've tried holding both, as well as random other combinations of the shift buttons (like the way other Traktor devices are toggled into MIDI mode) but nothing has worked.

I also read that Traktor might need to be closed when we boot the device up. That didn't make a difference.

This article is out of date: https://support.native-instruments....ur-Native-Instruments-Controller-to-MIDI-Mode