1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

New Laptop (Set Up Help)

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by S_Wales, Jul 12, 2014.

1. S_Wales

S_Wales New Member

Hello all,

I've bought a new laptop and wonder if anyone knows of a step by step on how to transfer from old to new? Do I need to de-activate from my old laptop etc?

Any help appreciated. Apologies if this has been re-hashed alot, i very rarely come on forums and im not the best on computers! Thanks in advance.

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Install things as usual, and possibly optimise system if on Windows.

3. S_Wales

S_Wales New Member

So I don't need to do anything on the old computer?

4. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

The Traktor license allows you to install a copy on two machines for this very reason (and to have a backup license). So no need to deactivate or anything.

I did this back in December and took the opportunity to build up a new library and manage my collection a little differently, but you can copy the NI Collection files to the new machine to carry over your existing collection, cue points and so on.

5. S_Wales

S_Wales New Member

Brilliant. Thanks all. Installed now.

Few issues though:

1) All of my S4 is light up constantly, just gets brighter when I select a button.

2) Sound is terrible. Getting a very glitchy/interruptions constantly?

Running on a 64 bit machine now yet my traktor says 32 bit. Could that be the problem?

Currently unhappy with this :( Was hoping a new/up to speed laptop would eliminate glitches, but its made it worse if anything?

6. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member