New Layout!

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by nr1cristi, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I've always wanted stacked waveforms, it just makes more sense to me, NI have been very very arrogant on the whole situation to be honest. I think we've asked for it for the last 4 years. You can see when everything is out of sync, if the drops are about to hit at the same time. It just makes sense

2. man-tk

man-tk NI Product Owner

Let's think this is changing , at least it seems they are listening now .

• Like Like x 2
  3. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

Definately I’m looking forward to what comes of it, but it’s hard to forget the last 8 years

4. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

traktor layout is one of its strenghts

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

Really now...?
    In terms of basic customizability of the layouts in Traktor, maybe, as the competition is even worse in terrms of a customizable layout/UI.... but, this was already feeling old in 2011 when Traktor 2 came out and has been a point of criticism ever since...

In terms of more advanced layout customizabilty options, or wasted white (or rather black) space in Traktor, it's not even funny how far behind the curve the old Traktor UI/UX is.
    A good example, that you and NI should take notice of for example, i.e. something fully modular, that well written modern programming architectures allow:
    Soda and their UI/UX editor:

http://soda.world/

Also, the above is written as a universal app, and there's rumours it will come to Win10 w touch in the not too distant future as well...
    c.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

well i like the layout, i prefer it to serato and rekord box whos layouts serve no real purpose. is that soda thing a joke?

7. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

But don’t make it too contrasting and dark as Rekordbox... pain for eyes

8. Valentin Cristescu

Valentin Cristescu New Member

No contrasting ! As list (2 different)

9. DJ Tranz

DJ Tranz NI Product Owner

One thing I hate is having a little bit of real estate to see my library. If I have my track decks open as well as my remix decks I can hardly see the library I use my laptop and a 20 inch screen so I can drag it in and enlarge it. Would be nice to have my library on my laptop and the decks on my big screen. Just my input. Everyone doesn't have to agree. It's like a gun my magazine holds 20 but I don't like to carry an additional clip. Too much.

10. DJ Tranz

DJ Tranz NI Product Owner

11. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

4 stacked of this and it would be amazing, especially if NI updated the GUI to Retina!

12. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

stacked wave forms take up even more room and are counter intuitive, everything should be left and right just like your decks are.

13. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

Well it depends on your setup, I use two X1s and they are laid out like a mixer, I use four decks so by your logic the screen should be divided into four vertical sections with the waveforms travelling from top to bottom of screen ala Serato DJ.

It would be good to have both of these options IMO

14. Double Deck

Double Deck NI Product Owner

No offense man but it looks way too busy and cluttered. Staked waveform eat a lot of screen estate add very little in term of usability. I don't think NI should EVER go for it.

15. Finlay C

Finlay C NI Product Owner

Now that is one sexy GUI! Native Instruments take note - this is how a DJ software should look in 2018! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

No offense taken, but it should be fairly easy to implement, it's not like people have to use it

17. Dj Ricky Valdivia

Dj Ricky Valdivia New Member

I completely agree!!! A darker skin will be better!
    We usually work in darken environments so darken themes are more comfortables to our eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rick Dangerous

Rick Dangerous NI Product Owner

+1 for stacked waveforms (as option), all else is fine for me.
    If you put half waveforms above each other the needed space is equal to now.