1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

New MacBook Pro ???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Bertotti, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

I have preceded the new Mac Book Pro. I am curious if anyone is using one with Maschine. Does the touch bar have any use for NI items?

2. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Interesting question. I'm also looking for a new model. I want to replace my old iMac and MacBook 13".
    Maybe in the end of 2017 there will be new CPU's and support for 32GB RAM with the next generation of MBP.
    I hope there will be support for the touch bar.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Sorry you've all probably seen it but I cannot resist...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FrankieFilth

FrankieFilth NI Product Owner

^^Doesn't get old.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bertotti

I currently have a earl 2013 15" MBP. I have never really had an issue with it, always does what I want. So I hope the newer ones are as stable for my needs. I would keep this one several more years but I am tired of dealing with 255gig of storage space, quite simply I want more ssd. I have external drives and thumb drives etc but I just get irritated when I have to use them for much more then back ups.

6. FrankieFilth

FrankieFilth NI Product Owner

@Bertotti, if you haven't already, check everymac.com and OWC (macsales.com) for info/options.. Some of the 2013 MBPs appear to be upgradable regarding storage.

7. turbo46

turbo46 NI Product Owner

I don't suggest to buy it now, wait 32 GB version ;)

8. dabb

dabb Active Member

@CakeAlexS yourself make you seem windoz fanboi
    Like what was name, skin mkin

I DO believe future is linux btw

9. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

I am windows fanboi.. no shame about it either. no poison apples for me :D

10. dabb

dabb Active Member

Are you really?

11. JDRadford

JDRadford New Member

Sooooo haven't tried NI on my new Pro yet, but happy to see this as I was wondering who's using the new Pro with PT. I'm all ears as well as I have a home iMac dedicated to studio, but attempt to use my Pro as a mobile rig while on travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. dabb

dabb Active Member

So u use nothing?
    u ask someone else?

13. CakeAlexS

I am using Linux to write this...

14. Bertotti

I looked into the OWC upgrade but returned it, it turns out it shows up as an external drive only not like the built in one. 32 gig of ram would be nice but I have never really had a problem with my 16 gig, at least it doesn't feel like it slows me down so I am not to concerned about that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  15. CakeAlexS

16. XO Gold

XO Gold Member

i'm holding out for a 32 gb ram option also..........

17. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

I´m going to purchase a new 15"-model (quad-core) to be able to create and edit my projects while I´m travelling (without interface and additional "external" hardware). My i7 MBP 13" (2012) ist not strong enough (dual-core) to manage my "full" projects. (where is Maschines "track freeze"? ^^)
    Moreover I´ll use this model within my home setup (with interface, ext. hardware, display,...).
    Not sure about the behavior (fan, temperature) unter high cpu usage.

Back to topic:
    Is there currently any support for the touch bar?

18. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...no...but it's up to ni not apple...btw the new mbp is awesome regarding cpu heat / fans...i haven't been able to hear the fans while making music...when i put my ear to the computer i could hardly hear them...and that is with ableton live, maschine as a plugin and various other vst synths running at 128 sample buffer...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bertotti

Thank you for the reply. I honestly didn't think Apple would create the touch bar for maschine and I don't have any faith that NI will. But my concern wa how well it ran with the new mac and it sounds like it does very well. I can't say I ever had a problem with my early 2013 the Apple seems to have always ran maschine well for me, but with new devices you never know. Thanks!

20. Bertotti

Well, beside loading maschine projects fast, fast, this latest MBP has incredible speakers! The sound of this one is light years beyond the early 2013 I traded in. I can hear in a way I could only do with headphones before, not as good as my DT880 but still good if a bit heavy on the low end but just a bit. Every thing transferred well but guitar rig is a bust it won't load or scan into logic and throws errors. I disabled it and NI new page says I only have a demo of it which wasn't the case before the transfer.

• Like Like x 1