New Maschine Basics Tutorial on sampling

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by jef, Mar 18, 2019.

1. jef

jef NI Product Owner

Hi folks! New to the forum, but I've been an NI user/ teacher for a long time now! Here's my latest tutorial video on sampling in Maschine.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

Welcome Jef.

That's a good tutorial. Not only for beginners, but also for returning Maschine veterans discovering the new and improved features of the Maschine software.

3. jef

jef NI Product Owner

Thanks Lotuz! Every time I do a video I'm going through the manual again, and learning a ton myself...

Listening to your beats on Soundcloud right now... man this is good, good stuff! I've never really pursued soundcloud, but with stuff like yours on here I think it might be time!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

5. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

Really nice to refresh my sampling knowledge.

I think you can speed up your workflow a bit when adjusting start- and end points. In the video you scroll to the beginning or end that you want to adjust, but if you just begin adjusting, the view automatically snaps to that place. Just a minor thing, but it means less scrolling. :)

Anyways, you've got a new sub.

Would like to see some advanced tutorials!

6. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

Thanks for the tip I didn't know this.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

but it doesn't actually cover sampling, does it? you're just loading a library sample, then demonstrating the Sampler module?

is everyone else still dealing with low volume on the Line inputs? i'm seriously thinking of buying another audio interface, was hoping that i could get by with just the MK3.

8. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

Good point. Jef, you could make a part 2 that shows sampling from external and internal sources (resampling). Perhaps even expanding it to demonstrate the Audio module.

9. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

it really is a great tutorial, but that's the first thing i noticed.

10. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

Jef, when you show how to sample from external sources, you could for example sample single notes from your Roland synth. Then you also could show how to make a simple mapping in Sampling/Zone.

11. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Welcome! Jeff, you‘re a great tutor.
    Even when I know nearly all the functions (meanwhile), it was nice to follow your video. Now I have to look up the DC-correct feature. I never used it.

He doesn‘t really explain the sampler module, he‘s referring to the sampling mode.
    But I agree, the topic is a bit misleading. It might be helpful to create an additional video which covers line in for sampling. ;-)

Actually, I sample (sometimes) from my iPhone via MK3s internal interface. If its not loud enough, I just normalize and compress it. Done. However, this is related to my personal, non professional recordings.

12. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Nice tutorial, good teaching skills, great video quality with multi-camera angles, my only (constructive) criticism is that this is more a slicing tutorial than a Sampling tutorial, just a naming technicality though. Hopefully, you see this and dont just disappear after promoting your videos like 99.99% of all other youtubers that come here ;)