new pc with intel Silver N5000

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by gianluca1974, Dec 28, 2018.

1. gianluca1974

gianluca1974 New Member

Goodmorning everyone I am writing to you for a serious problem that has happened to me. In a completely unprepared way, I bought a beautiful ultrabook from Microtech, mounting the latest Intel N5000 quad core processor (SILVER), 8gb Ram, Hd SSD 120GB, Windows 10 Pro. Unfortunately, after installing Traktor pro 3 (but also with Traktor2), the program does not start. In the Traktor system requirements I read, unfortunately only after the purchase, that an Intel i5 / 7 or 'similar' was required. I thought that similar to this N5000 processor that is still of the latest generation could be fine. I state that with this PC is also running a software of the scope of Autocad 2018. I contacted Microtech, and they advised me to write to Native, asking if it was possible to bypass the 'check' control of the type of CPU present on the PC. I thank you in advance, even if you could give me some solution that does not oblige me to immediately replace the newly purchased pc thanks a lot

2. Sevo_Stille

Sevo_Stille NI Product Owner

Traktor 3 does definitively run on my backup computer, a rather humble, very outdated X61 with Core2Duo T8100 (where I may not use load-heavy effects or pitch control, or it will skip and stutter). For Traktor 2 the X61 even was within nominal specs (even though the feature set I could reliably use shrunk over the course of time).

So no, Traktor 3 does not check for or refuse to work on sub-spec CPUs, and while it may be sluggish on sub-spec processors, it takes a remarkably slow computer for Traktor to fail even with the absolute minimum feature set (two decks 44.1kHz, no effects, no pitch) - if it does not run at all (and even Traktor 2 does not run), it is more likely to be a (graphics or sound) driver issue, or a flawed installation.

3. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

ive used single, dual and quadcore intel cpu's over the years on traktor 2

4. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

I thought that the Silver Series was like a cross between the Atom processor and the Celeron processor so that would be something that's not up to the job of running Traktor or any other audio software.
    Best bet is to return the computer and get something better for your needs.

5. Sevo_Stille

The Silver series are current Atoms - and it is increasingly hard to buy a new sub 1000€ notebook without a Atom- or Celeron-based processor. Besides, even if the computer should be too slow (which would be a thermal throttling rather than a maximum speed issue), Traktor would start up, and the audio would be choppy - a complete failure to start must be due to something entirely different...

6. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

Simply not true about the price factor nor the how it would run.
    You are not being helpful by misleading the OP into thinking that way.

7. Sevo_Stille

There is no possible reason why it would not run on a under-spec processor - that is, Traktor does no CPU version check, as the original poster implied. As I said, it does even marginally run on a Core2 Duo T8100, which has about 70% of the single core speed of the N5000, about 40% of its total performance, and is nine generations back feature-wise.

8. gianluca1974

gianluca1974 New Member

thanks to all for the answers, but after several attempts traktor continues to not work, even after making all the audio video updates, through windows update, and even after several uninstallations and installations.

I would be very grateful if you had other solutions

9. Sevo_Stille

What does support say?

10. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Stupid question, but did you try running as administrator. Right click option?
    I have had applications that would not run until I did that.
    Probably not the solution, but worth a try.

11. gianluca1974

gianluca1974 New Member

Yes i have tried as Administrator. It isn t Solution. Tks

12. Dirtytactics22

Dirtytactics22 New Member

Did you manage to find a solution? I am having the same issues, just got a new laptop and cant even get pro3 to open up, downloaded it on my old laptop (an acer from 2012 dont know what processor) and it would open and run but i was getting serious latency issues. Just wondering if anyone has managed to get it working before i send this laptop back
    Thanks

13. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

I'm missing something in the problem description: What are the symptoms? You both only write: it does not start. And then what? Is there an error message? Do you see traktor.exe in task manager or processmonitor ?

OpenGL 2.1 is also a requirement for Traktor. Have you tested the OpenGL 2.1 support on your laptop?
    You can test with: http://realtech-vr.com/admin/glview

14. Dirtytactics22

Dirtytactics22 New Member

When you click the pro 3 desktop item the mouse starts circling as if it was about to open, then nothing. Mine does not show it running in task manager either. I will test opengl when i get home from work

15. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

What does the last section of your Traktor.log file look like?
    It can probably be found in Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor 2.11.3\Logs (or something like that)