New pipe organ sample library available soon

Discussion in 'Third-Party Sample Libraries' started by ReinerS, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReinerS

ReinerS New Member

Hi all,
    I am pleased to announce the virtual Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Madeleine church in Paris for Kontakt-2.
    This library has previously been available for Gigastudio only (Peter Ewers Symphonic Organ Sample library SOS-1). It comprises a few combinations recorded with four samples/octave and full room reverb. There are three manual combinations (Fonds-8', Fonds-16'8'4' and the glorious Tutti with Octave-Grave couplers and all manuals coupled) as well as two pedal combinations (Fonds-32'16' and Tutti with manuals coupled).

All samples have been processed newly from the original recordings and the sound is much improved over the Gigastudio version. The recordings include the full 6-7 seconds reverb of the large cathedral and these release tails are played on key-release, which gives a truly maginificent impression of the room accoustics. However, for staccato notes, this sounds unrealistic, as the reverb should not be fully developed. Hence special release tails have been generated using an impulse reverb algorithm with an impulse designed to match the cathedral accoustics as closely as possible. This method allows an extremenly realistic impression of the organ in its accoustical environment.

The library is currently available for the Hauptwerk virtual pipe organ software from Crumhorn Labs and will be available for Kontakt-2 within a few weeks. Please have a look at our website, where you can read more about the virtual (and the real) instrument and also listen to demo pieces recorded using Hauptwerk. Demos using the Kontakt version will follow shortly.

Enjoy!
    Reiner

2. kotori

kotori NI Product Owner

Hi Reiner,
    Wouldn't it be possible to do without the Crumhorn Labs software by using a script?
    Just a thought - to lower the bar further for entry level users.

3. ReinerS

ReinerS New Member

Hi kotori,
    I'm afraid I don't understand the question. I am currently offering the Hauptwerk (Crumhorn Labs) version and will be offering the Kontakt-2 version in a few weeks. Naturally the Kontakt-2 version will not require the use of other software to run, it will be a pure Kontakt-2 library.

Best wishes
    Reiner

4. kotori

kotori NI Product Owner

Hi Reiner,
    Sorry, I think I slightly misunderstood what Hauptwerk does. Never mind.
    Anyway, what I'm curious about is whether it's possible to dynamically toggle stops and control couplers in the Kontakt version using keyswitches or MIDI CC.

5. ReinerS

ReinerS New Member

Hi kotori,
    While this would be entirely possible with the scripting enigine, I decided not to implement it this way. The approch is more conventional in that you have a bank containing all instruments selectable via program-change and then a multi having this bank loaded in a number of slots.
    However, you can add the possibility to switch stops via other messages externally using the freeware jOrgan, which works as organ relay software implementing stops, couplers, etc. Actually I am planning to distribute a jOrgan disposition file and a nice skin for it with the Kontakt library.

Best wishes
    Reiner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.