1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

New S4 MK3 Problems

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by emkey, Sep 11, 2021.

1. emkey

emkey New Member

Hi everyone,

i got some problems with my new s4 mk3 and wanna know if other have the same problem. I thought NI would fix it with a firmware update but no chance.

Problem 1 (Turntbable Mode)
    White noise on phonochannels when nothing is playing. Like in this thread
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/s4-mk3-phono-white-noise.421457/

Problem 2 (Turntbable Mode)
    Left phonochannel audible on right phonochannel. Means....
    Vinyl is playing left....fader is down
    right fader is up and im hearing the left vinyl playing on my right phonochannel.

Problem 3 (Turntbable Mode)
    When the s4 mk3 isnt connected to my laptop with traktor software the output is very low.
    When i connect it the output is much louder.

2. emkey

emkey New Member

Hi community,

this is my problem. U see nothing is connected. Just the original powercable.
    IMG_20210922_160623.jpg
    IMG_20210922_160809.jpg

may some of you can tell me if this is with yours too.
    Phono and 12 o´clock gain.

And the left turtable audible on right. Can some of you this check too.

thx everyone

3. alec.tron

alec.tron Well-Known Member

As in the previous thread (and the linked, now seemingly dead, support channel post...), I've had the same issues.
    So I ended up purchasing multiple S4 mk3 units, and only kept the one with the lowest white noise level (when gains fully cranked up, this lights up around 6-7 of the led strips light up, and 1 light strip on 12 o'clock. There seems to be a rather high variance in this - I've seen one unit where only 4-5 led strips light up on full gains, but never found one myself... either way, I still consider this unaccaptable for 'professional' gear...).
    And for me that makes the S4 mk3 not suitable for the more serious gigs, nor for archiving/recording vinyl through. Both I had planned to do with it.
    So as I do like the controller workflow and mixing/prepping with Traktor, I just kept it, but it's only been used at home and on radio shows throughout the last years.
    Bummer really.
    c.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  4. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

For the first issue… Did you tried to connect the ground?
    The cross-sounding seems another thing but could be related to xfader cut adjustment? Has it some kind of calibration for standalone mixer mode?

5. emkey

emkey New Member

My s4mk3 was shipped to repair....but nothing is better. The withe noise seems to be a basic problem like alec.tron said. But can anyone try for me the audible/sprinkled audio on deck A into B in Phono Mode. I play a song on the left turntable at 0db put the volume fader down...rise the the other volumefader, tweak the gain on that channel and hear the A channel on headphones or krk monitors when u crank the volume a bit on booth or headphones. Can anyone try it for me pls?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  6. emkey

emkey New Member

Can anyone rebuild this and let me know if ur s4 do the same like mine?

thx

7. Afrolounge

Afrolounge New Member

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, FADERS DON'T WORK CORRECTLY AND CROSS FADER TOO
    ...LAST PROBLEM ON MY MAC BOOK PRO WITH M1 ( BOUGHT 2 WEEKS AGO ) ...TRAKTOR 3 DOESN'T WORK

8. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Maybe it’s related to cutlag?

9. MaikR

MaikR New Member

Same noise issue here… also on standalone mode :cool:

10. emkey

emkey New Member

the noise is a normal problem on every s4mk3 if someone hase no noise....would be nice to hear. But the problem with the audible deck on that other channel is not good :(

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021