New setup

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Danjc, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Danjc

Danjc NI Product Owner

I know i have posted this elsewhere but had no reply ! My first question is audio 2 based but then it goes of on a tangent so please bear with me. I plan on buying audio 2 And using the supplied pro 2 with it. Can I then just route the output from the audio 2 into any mixer ? I would then like to map some of the other controls to my nanocontrol 2. Into another Chanel on the mixer I would like to route my maschine via my current sound card utilising reason with vst-rewire. Hope this makes sense. I know this not a traditional dj setup more of a live production type of setup and would what I have described all work ok, any help/advice would be great.

2. bi!LY eagle

bi!LY eagle Forum Member

Ya, you can run the 2 lines to any analog mixer. About using multiple soundcards, you're gonna have some extra work to do aggregating them. Not sure how to do it myself, but it shouldn't be a problem I don't think..

3. Danjc

Danjc NI Product Owner

Thanks for the reply mate.

4. gonzo.pete

gonzo.pete Forum Member

Bear in mind you cannot aggregate soundcards on a PC, only an Apple.
    No doubt some people will tell you it is possible but it'll be a bodge and highly unreliable.

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the buzz word on the win side would be asio4all.

6. Danjc

Danjc NI Product Owner

My current sound card is a Edirol ua 4fx which supports ASIO 2.0 and the Audio 2 supports ASIO so will these two work together ? I know there is ASIO4ALL but is this not just a an application for use without a dedicated sound card.

7. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

No. It will also allow you to aggregate soundcards under windows. Please be aware that as per previous posts it can be a little flakey.

8. Danjc

Danjc NI Product Owner

Nice one i did not know that.