New update does not fix AP/Sonar/Vista32 problem

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by anon5733, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon5733

anon5733 NI Product Owner

This problem that LionSound mentioned is still exactly the same in Vista 32bit too and I'm sorry to say that the 1.1.3. update does not solve it at all.

"I am attempting to us AP as a synth inside Sonar 6.2.1 in Vista64, but it has problems. It loads and plays fine for a few minutes and then the sound dissappears and the audio meter in Sonar shoots up to plus 50db or something crazy.

From what I have read AP is known not to work as a plugin in Vista, but what I need to know is when will it be fixed? Vista has been out for over a full year now, and AP should work in it eventually."

2. Fizmarble

Fizmarble New Member

I had this problem last night. I didn't know it was a known issue. I was forced to use Kontakt 2, which isn't a very good piano sampler. There are flaws in a couple of the samples used and I prefer the overall tone in AP to Kontakt 2. I just wanted to go down as saying I would like a fix as well.

3. kong balong

kong balong NI Product Owner

kontakt 2 can load the AP library...

4. Fizmarble

Fizmarble New Member

That's good news. Obviously a bandaid and not a fix, but that will work.

5. LionSound

LionSound New Member

Wow, STILL NOT FIXED? What a ****ing joke! I came back to this forum after months to check and see if AP would FINALLY work in Vista and STILL NO.

NI, WHEN WILL YOU FIX YOUR BROKEN PRODUCT!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  6. anon5733

anon5733 NI Product Owner

No help with Vista SP1 either

I just installed the Service Pack 1 for Vista 32 bit but the problem still remains the same.

7. Scamper68

Scamper68 New Member

I've got this same issue. I too run Vista Home edition and Sonar 5.2 and I get this error. It works briefly, but the second you stop playing the song where the piano is involved, the issue rears its head.

I also tried to use the DXi version and it won't even play. It errors out right when you start the song.

The standalone of course works flawlessly, but that doesn't really help me and its certainly not what I paid the money for.

I write code for a living and I understand the hassle of having to patch a finished product when a new OS comes out, especially when you have other multiple important projects going on. But this isn't a minor bug. Its something thats going to grow worse with each person that migrates to Vista. It's a critical fix that needs to be acknowledged and addressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.