1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

New User/Member - Question on Factory Selections R2

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Kyle Bellamy, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Kyle Bellamy

Kyle Bellamy New Member

Using Reaktor Player from the Komplete 10 Select bundle

I have a patch called Solar Wind that I want to use as a landscape sound but strangely, it starts playing before I hit the play button and will never stop despite the note ending in the piano roll.

I'm wondering how to not have it start automatically (I like how the sound fades in and builds) and I want to hear the song start from that beginning every time to get the feel of it fresh each listen.

Help me learn, please! :)

Attached Files:

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Solar Wind sounds like a preset (snapshot) name. What is the name of the associated ensemble?
    My usage is Reaktor in standalone and there is no listing of preset names.

3. Kyle Bellamy

Kyle Bellamy New Member

It is Carbon 2 according to the player. Part of a folder called Reaktor Factory Section R2 - check the screenshot, it shows the relevant info in the keft side.

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In your screen shot it's Polar Wind not Solar Wind - therefor I ask you.
    It's part of Space Drone not Carbon 2. This droners world is playing if you start the ensemble.
    With an R6 player only you can't step into the structure to instal a switch.

5. Kyle Bellamy

Kyle Bellamy New Member

Ok, thank you for the clarifications. Chalk my mistyping up to have a bad cold last week and a load of meds. lol But I guess on mixdown, the drone will start building the way I would like to hear it.

It just seems odd that it doesn't start playing on initial load until the note is triggered at which point it never ends.I keep thinking about the CPU usage even after I dial down the track volume to none when the music starts.

6. ZooTooK

ZooTooK NI Product Owner

Welcome Kyle, yes, some ensembles are a bit excentric with not much way of stopping them play in the DAW. Render to audio is what I usually do. Then I can have the build up (which is sometimes a nice feature) wher you want it and also be efficient on CPU load. Sometimes the fadeout can also be nice - then you have to record the output of Reaktor stand-alone as stoping the DAW means stopping recording. Some ensembles however have start/stop buttons.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I like excentricness a lot. My way is to record audio and arrange them in MagixMusicMaker - a small daw with good use for audios.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1