1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

New Version Upgrade options for existing Traktor owners

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Lostdotfish, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Lostdotfish

Lostdotfish New Member

Can NI give us an idea of how they will handle upgrades for existing Traktor owners? I was about to purchase Traktor using my new hardware voucher but maybe I'll hold off if a new version is going to be released this year...

• Like Like x 1
  2. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

You'd think that they'd announce any licences purchased between now and release would get a free upgrade. The current situation can't be good for sales.

At the very minimum, all current systems should be heavily discounted.

3. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

Probably not. They keep their cards close to their chest. The forum had been crying out for TP3 for about 3 years now and we are still waiting.

The last updates have been free and some included new features. If I were you I would just buy the software.

4. [chris b]

Why?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

I thought I expressed this in my previous post.

If he’s happy to wait (duration unknown) then fine. If he wants to DJ with Traktor now then he should buy it now.

6. [chris b]

The duration isn't completely unknown. 8 months max, and more than likely well before that.

7. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

How do you know that?

8. [chris b]

Because NI announced it.

9. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

Ok. Missed that announcement.

Key word for me here is ‘unveil’; not release.

“In 2018 we will unveil new Traktor hardware and software that we believe achieves this goal, and further empowers our global community of professionals and hobbyists. We have prioritized user feedback and collaboration for product development.”

10. [chris b]

11. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

12. [chris b]

It's highly unlikely they'll announce it this year and miss out on the thanks giving and Christmas sales periods. They announced maschine last September and released a month later. I wouldn't bet against a similar release this year.

13. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

The full statement is on DJTT:
    Later this year definitely means second half of 2018.

14. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

Ok fair enough. You can read into the article in a few different ways. Exciting news though.
    To me, it does sound like new hardware will be on its way, accompanied by new software.

This raises a few more questions:
    “We will maintain and improve Traktor Pro for several more years until the new Traktor is mature enough, also for our Pro users”

15. [chris b]

I expect they'll continue to update pro 2 until the majority of users have switched to the new version.

16. Lostdotfish

Lostdotfish New Member

We currently don't have information regarding the pricing / upgrade of products that haven't been released and so it would be impossible for us to give you some feedback on that.
    In the case of a new version of Traktor Pro 2, you would get the free update in your Native Access and if a version 3 was to come out then hopefully our Marketing team would take recent purchases into consideration.

Best regards,
    redacted @ NI

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee NI Product Owner

That's the part right there :)