New Z2 & X1 can't be recognised by Traktor

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by MoW123, Sep 12, 2015.

1. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

Hi,
    I just purchased a new Z2 & X1 mk2 & neither can be seen by Traktor or the Controller Editor. I've followed all advice from NI & forums, updated/re-installed the drivers & still no luck. The lights briefly flicker on when connected but then they stay off, this is the same for both Z2 & X1. Not sure what to do. I'm running Mac OS 10.10.5. The only light that stays on is the usb light on the Z2, all other lights are off & buttons/knobs are dead. I'd be incredibly grateful for any help or advice.
    Thank you for your time.

2. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

I got almost the same problem. Brad new z2, with USB connection problems, in my case not even the USB light lightens up when connected, i need to turn OFF and ON the mixer like 10+ times until it works. got a video on it already.

3. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

I've spent all weekend trying to fix it by uninstalling, reinstalling drivers & software, trying everything that i could find online but still doesn't work. I haven't managed to get it to work even once so going to return both Z2 & X1 tomorrow & get a refund. Been reading a lot on the forums about numerous people having the same issue & no one has an answer. I've also heard that Native Instruments customer service is terrible, taking weeks even months to get back to you. I won't be buying any NI products again. I think it's terrible that they keep selling products with known issues. If it was just a small glitch i would be more understanding but it doesn't even turn on. Hope you have better luck fixing the problem then i did.

4. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

I uploaded my vid now online.

Sad to hear it bro... :/ but you are right, NI is not known to be very responsive or costumer attending.

5. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

Just watched your video, looks to be exactly the same issue. I haven't been able to get it switched on at all so consider yourself lucky i guess! it's strange that the X1 has exactly the same issue so looks to be a software/drivers issue rather than hardware. Problem is i only have 3 days to return it if it's faulty otherwise i won't get a refund so my time has pretty much run out, as is my patience. The reviews for the product look great, just shame that it doesn't work. Really hope you manage to fix it.

6. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

Thats really weird :/ did you check service center for updates?

7. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

yeah i downloaded & updated everything, didn't work. Then uninstalled everything & started again making sure everything was updated. Still no luck. Tried different USB cables & ports but no joy. Tried everything i've seen suggested online but nothing worked. Incredibly frustrating

8. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

Did you by any chance tried another Laptop/PC/Mac?

9. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

Tried that too, tried it on an iMac as well as mac book pro. didn't work. also tried it in a separate powered usb port. Nothing worked.

10. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

I just started reinstalling stuff, will be trying it out on my Mac Mini as well to see if the problem is related to my Macbook pro.
    Will keep in touch.

11. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

I sent both my Z2 & X1 back this morning for a refund. Completely lost confidence in NI products, going to stick with AKAI & Allen and Heath in the future. Really wanted the product to work as it looked great in previews but unfortunately NI dropped the ball & having a new product that doesn't even switch on is beyond a joke. The company i purchased them off (Juno) replied to me in minutes offering a full refund & to pay for shipping (great customer service). Contacted NI last week & still heard nothing! (rubbish customer service) Looks like NI customers have to rely on forums for help rather than the company itself. I hope you manage to fix the issue & you have more joy dealing with NI than i did. Good luck man.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

Just got a response from NI, they claim its an hardware problem and I should be getting a new mixer from them :)

13. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

That's great news for you man i hope they are quick replacing your mixer. You should try to get some sort of compensation for the inconvenience (maybe ask for an e.voucher for their online store) This really shouldn't happen to a brand new product & i have a funny feeling they're well aware of the issue with certain models yet haven't recalled them from the stores. All the best man & thanks for replying to my thread, i really appreciated hearing from someone else as NI support was non-existent for me. I'm going to keep my eyes on the NI forums to see if things improve in regards to the Z2, if they do i may consider getting another but right now i'm pretty much done with NI products. Would love to hear how you find the mixer once you get it up & working.

14. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

anyone found a fix yet?

15. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

I'm afraid not. Returned mine for a refund, it seems that it's a known hardware fault & the only fix is to contact NI & get a replacement sent after you send proof of the problem.

16. MoW123

MoW123 New Member

I was just sent this information by NI. Hope this helps.

Products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG, and Controller Editor will not launch when the AVID CoreAudioManager / Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. In stand-alone mode the application will freeze after launching, in plug-in mode the plug-in validation of the host program will fail, which might crash or freeze the host program or make the plug-in unavailable within the host program.

Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Follow these step-by-step instructions to temporarily remove the Avid CoreAudio driver in order to allow NI products to run properly under Mac OS 10.10:

1. Open the Finder and locate the following folder: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > HAL
    2. Copy the "Avid CoreAudio.plugin" to another location, for example the Desktop.
    3. Delete the "Avid CoreAudio.plugin" from the HAL Plug-in folder.
    4. Type in the admin password when prompted.
    5. Restart your computer.

While you still can fully use Pro Tools without the Avid CoreAudio driver, it is not possible to monitor the audio output of any third-party application using your Avid audio interface after deleting the file.

Please read this article from Avid's Knowledge Base in order to learn more about the compatibility of Avid products with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

Additionally, we have learned that the plugin files listed below may also cause similar problems when launching an NI application:

• "RazerAudio.plugin"
    • "Hear.plugin"
    • "SoundBunny.plugin"
    • "Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin"

As these files are likewise found in the HAL folder, the procedure to manually remove these files remains the same as explained above.

If you should require the functionality of your plugin again, you need to move the file back to its original location and restart your computer. In this case, the mentioned NI applications will stop working.

17. Diesel Power

Diesel Power New Member

I have a similar problem I recently purchased the Z2 every time I power it up the software says does not recognize the mixer, plus in traktor vinyl mode it does not pick up my technics 1200s. I have to always go to my settings to change setting for mixer and audio. Mixer sometimes work fine with just live input regular vinyl. Can someone help

18. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

@Diesel Power that sucks. When you install the mixer did you download the files from NI's website specific to the Z2 and run through the Setup Wizard with the unit??

Just wondering. My Z2 has been 100% solid (knock on wood) but I'm still using Mountain Lion. Seems like almost everyone I ask is running Yosemite, although that prob has nothing to do w/ it. Idk

19. marshall watson

marshall watson New Member

I'm having the same issue, but not from a newly purchased x1.. mine was working fine and then just stopped. Half the buttons work, but the play buttons don't. The track scroller is jumping 3-4 tracks and is acting wildly. NI have only suggested that I repair permissions and delete that Avid folder. As I enjoy using Razor, I don't plan on deleting it.

20. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

Hey guys, anyone having trouble with it on Windows 10. I have it working here. I can try to help. Hope the one's with mac issues get it working. Which you will!