NI doesn't understand exchange rates

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by TedFederz, Apr 18, 2019.

1. TedFederz

TedFederz New Member

So i already have Komplete 12, I'm in the EU and i wanna buy some more libraries which I can get a crossgrade of, for example one is at 299 dollars, which should be about 266 euro, but because NI seem to think the dollar and euro are the same (both 299 dollars and 299 euro) i get charged an extra 37 dollars or 32 euro? I contacted them about it and they gave me a load of fancy sounding financial Jargon '' Applying the official currency exchange rate, which itself is a fluctuating figure, is highly misleading blah blah blah''.. So almost every other business and online store on the internet has no problem with exchange rates but NI can't figure it out? I've purchased from Avid, Image line, 8dio, spitfire, soundiron, waves and god knows how many others with no such problem. Not to mention these are digital downloads and not physical goods.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

If you're in the EU, then you also pay in EUR, and not in USD. I recommend logging in to your account, so the website knows you are a EU citizen, and should be shown EUR prices.

That said, USD prizes are always without taxes, as these differ per state, so please keep this in mind when you think that USD are lower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

TedFederz looking forward to hear if this is helped!