NI Expansions: Easiest way to create a custom "best-of" kit?

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by Syncopator, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Syncopator

Syncopator NI Product Owner

Just bought my first NI Expansion and finally identified the new kits (by typing the kit's name in the search bar).

I like one or two sounds from each kit and would like to create a custom, "best-of" kit containing only the sounds that I like. What's the easiest way to do that in Battery 4?

More specifically, is there an easier way than: Noting the name of the sample, locating it in Finder, closing the expansion kit, opening the custom kit, dragging that sample into Battery, closing the custom kit, opening the next expansion kit—then repeating that entire process for each kit?

2. BenJuodvalkis

BenJuodvalkis New Member

if you right click on a cell you can copy/paste. If you're using a daw you could have one track with the expansion kit and one with the custom kit side-by-side

• Like Like x 1
  3. Syncopator

Syncopator NI Product Owner

I assume you mean two instances of Battery. I wasn't aware it's possible to copy between instances. Great idea. Thanks!

4. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Wow: Thank you for having efficient ideas and share them: That is near gold info for me :) Why did I not thought about that...