1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

NI Komplete 4

Discussion in 'B4 & B4 II' started by FRAZ, Oct 20, 2020.

1. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Hi,

I've got the really older NI Komplete 4 - which has included plugins such as Elecktrik Piano & the B4 II Organ - Now support for Service Centre is ceased - does this mean there is no way of activating these plugins?

It is understood that new products are released which is great but some of the old products are still desired to be used on 32 bit systems etc......on host or slave machines.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Native Access should be able to authorize it.

3. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

OK, I'll give this a go and see how it pans out but this is just a test to see if it can work - Does Native Access work on Win 7 64? - and 32?

I got K4 years ago and have collected most of the Komplete range for future use - I've got the older OS's from XP 32 & 64 all the way up for any conceivable use so it is important to have access to older stuff even if it is 32 bits as there are certain use!

64 bit is better, agreed - I'll let you know how I get on! - Thanks

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  4. EvilDragon

NA should work on W7, but it's a 64-bit program.

5. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

OK, I've had some joy with this but a mixed bag - On a Windows 10 64 install native_access_installed_for_online_mode_as_well_as_service_centre_for_offline_mode

Komplete_4_not_activated_along_with_absynth_4_akoustik_piano_battery_3_elektrik_piano_&_fm8_
    everything_else_activated_b4ii_guitar_rig_2_kontakt_2_ni_spektral_delay_pro_53_reaktor_5_vokator_

So a step in the right direction - I'm just going to look at a machine where everything is activated from years ago - and see if an update there may help the current situation.

6. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Maybe NI could improve this a bit further - for the older products - It may seem trivial but it is good to have things in working order_

I did read Akoustik Piano was accessed via Kontakt after 5 or something?
    How about Elektrik Piano (vst)_but with a 1.75 GB library?

7. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Hi,

It would be great if NI Elektrick Piano 1.5 could be downloaded from Native Access! - And keep the access open to W7 64 & W10 64 at all times in future! - To keep the old plugs alive! - After all - I've got (and many other do too)__the older OS's to install onto !

8. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Hi,

I've included 3 jpegs of the service centre used in offline mode - Native Access was used and the authorised plugins did so automatically - Please see for yourself.

Service centre can still be used "offline" and it still shows which plugs are activated or not - Hopefully NI can streamline all the older stuff so it can work with Native Access! - Please

Attached Files:

9. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Hello Evil Dragon et al,

Please would you offer an explanation as to why some items in K4 have activated and why some have not? - Thank you.

10. EvilDragon

You will need Kontakt 5.6.8 at the very least to open stuff like Akoustik/Elektrik Piano in Kontakt. The actual old apps that they used are not authorizable anymore, but their patches will still work within 5.6.8.

Service Center and offline activation is dead and non-functional since end of May this year.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397

11. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Ok Evil Drsgon,

I hear you not authorisable - I've got newer Komplete as well!!! so will have Kontakt versions for that purpose.

Ok I've got FM7 standalone which installs and activates with just serial number - Would standalone Elektrik Piano / Akoustik Piano / B4 - Would these install like FM7? - With just serial number?

12. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Hello Evil Dragon (and others)_

Please tske a quick look at post # 8 - I'm happy B4 II activated with Native Access - Please explain why this and Kontakt 2 activated - I'm not complaining - I think B4 II is important from a retro point of view and was one of my first products

13. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Hello,

It's best to post here but a little off topic in one way - but not another.

I'm just looking at Komplete 7 now (I did mention)_I've got other versions too - Upon installing K7 with the Service Centre for K7 - Quite a few titles activated straight off - After touching base with the NI Servers - Access - Everything has now activated - apart from Komplete Ultimate 9 which isn't even installed!!!

So the K7 install + Native Access has activated Akoutik Piano + Elektrik Piano et al. - So anyone who has these versions (or similar) should be able to achieve the same result.

14. EvilDragon

No, Elektrik/Akoustik piano are activated through Native Access, but you need Kontakt 5.6.8 at minimum for that to work.

Because that very old Service Center thinks they're activated, but this is not the same authorization scheme that Native Access is using.

• Informative Informative x 1