1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

NI plugins not showing in ProTools Audio Suite

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by jackn2mpu, Dec 18, 2013.

1. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

In both Pro Tools 10.3.7 and 11.0.2 no NI plugins of any kind show in the Audio Suite pull down menus. Anybody else notice this and have you heard anything from NI on this?

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

but you see them in under Inserts and Instruments i presume?

fwiw, none of my AIR plugins show up in Audio Suite.

sowari

3. jackn2mpu

Yes I do see them in the regular Inserts selection path.
    I raised a support ticket and heard back from Rocky and he said that NI plugins aren't applied via this menu but by way of the Inserts selection and he even sent me a link to a page from NI showing how to do that. Apparently there are some at NI that have no concept of Audio Suite processing and that's dangerous.

As to the AIR plugins - I do not see them in Audio Suite menu in either PT 10.3.7 or 11.0.2 but they do show in the regular Inserts selection.

4. Eren

Eren New Member

my plugins dont show up in my inserts is there a way of solving the problem can someone help me with this its so fustrating thanks :)

5. jackn2mpu

The above is so frustrating and you want to know why? Not enough information.
    We could use a bit more info like: what exact version of Pro Tools are you using, what computer and operating system (hereinafter called os), etc. Remember that in PT Audio Suite plugins are different than plugins available as inserts in PT tracks. The subject is dealing with AS plugins not via the inserts. If you are talking the latter there's a couple of things to look at but again it depends on what version of PT you have and what os you're on.

PT10 can use both RTAS and aax32 bit plugins. If you're using PT10 the RTAS plugins are in a Digidesign folder and the path to that depends on your os. The aax plugins are in an Avid folder and again the path to that depends on your os. PT11 only uses aax64 plugins and those are available via update through NI Service Center. Make sure when you do the update you select aax as that may not be automatically selected. If you have PT10 it won't hurt to install the RTAS versions as well. And if you have PT11 you also have an iLok license asset for PT10 so you could have both versions of PT on one machine at the same time.

6. Eren

Eren New Member

i got protools 11 and im using mac mavericks the latest one. i updated all the plugins when i installed all them last week through service centre and im just stuck atm what is the best way to tackle this problem from here.

7. jackn2mpu

At least you've given a bit more info which should have been in the original post. Now the answer I give can be more helpful. First off if you're asking about NI plugins and using them in AudioSuite - not going to happen. But if you're asking about not seeing NI plugins in the inserts in PT tracks here goes: what I'd say first is to go to PT's preferences and on the page where it says how to organize plugins select by manufacturer. Then close preferences and go to a track and click on an insert slot and see what comes up in the menu - you'll want to look in the stereo section. You should see Native Instruments and a flyout from that with the various NI stuff whether it's instruments or fx.

If you don't see that you have to do a bit of digging. Apple starting hiding the Library folder going back to Lion so you're going to have to unhide that. Google is your friend for finding that out. After you do that follow this path:
    Macintosh HD/library/application support/Avid/audio/plugins
    In there you should find the various NI plugins. When you did the install of the plugins and the updates did you select to install the aax versions? That's not set by default - you have to select that manually.

8. Eren

Eren New Member

i did all that i installed it couple weeks ago and i installed the updates manually by selecting them. how do u select the aax version?

9. jackn2mpu

What do you mean how does one select the aax version? Your question isn't clear at all. Do you mean select to install? That's done in the installer/updater but you have to pay attention. Or do you mean select as an insert in a PT track? In PT11 the aax version of a plugin is automatically used when selected as an insert on a track. Remember that no NI plugins are available in Audio Suite.

Did you check the paths I gave you in a previous post to see if the plugins are where they should be?

10. Eren

Eren New Member

i meant how do you select to install into aax format to have the plugin in the PT's track. Cause atm i can only use them as individual. Did i do something wrong while im installing the plugins? i followed your paths in the previous post and i found two folders one saying used plugins which are the air ones and the default plugins that come with protools and the other folder contained the native instrument plugins. so what do i do there?

11. jackn2mpu

What is the path and name to the folder you're saying contains the NI plugins? Do you have both PT10 and PT11 and if so which one did you install first? There have been problems when installing pT11 first and then PT10. As far as installing aax format you're given that option on install and the installer should put them in the right folder but you also must have PT10 and 11 installed first.

12. Eren

Eren New Member

My plugins are in MacHD/ApplicationSupport/Avid/Audio there it shows the plugins used and unused. i have PT11 i bought protools i installed that straight on i never had pt10. while i was installing the plugins it didnt give me that option or i didnt probably see it or i ignored it. my teachers at school i are saying the same thing about pt 11 having problems. should i just reinstall the native instruments??

13. jackn2mpu

Do the NI plugins show in the used plugins folder?
    What do you mean by 'While I was installing the plugins it didn't give me that option or I ignored it'? What option are you talking about. Your posts are less than easy to make sense out of. And to ask the question: are you trying to use the NI plugins on a track or as Audio Suite? They're not usable in Audio Suite. Try this in PT: create an Instrument track. On that track click on an insert slot and insert an NI instrument like Absynth, Reaktor, or whatever you have. It would help if you set PT to organize your plugins by both type and manufacturer and look for NI in the Manufacturer section. If installed correctly they should be there.

Exactly what are your teachers at school saying about PT having problems. What kind of problems? Problems with what? There is a major bug with ADC not working right with multiple audio out vi's but other than that - none that I know of and I hang out on the DUC regularly.

14. Eren

Eren New Member

The only plugins that show in that folder are the air ones you download off avid. People tell me that there should be an option where you choose before you install saying install in AAX format and i dont remember seeing that option. i know they arent usuable in audiosuite. i created an audio track how many times and did what you said it still doesnt work, even organizing it by type and manufacturer.

15. jackn2mpu

The option to install aax format is there and it's easy to blow right by it. You really have to pay attention when doing the install.

16. Natibe

Natibe New Member

Hi, I´m having the same problem. My NI plug-ins (KOMPLETE 9) doesn´t show up in INSERT MENU at all. I´m, using PC - windows 7. When I install them, I choose exactly AAX plug-ins because I´m working only with Pro tools 11. I didn´t install VST or RTAS , I just choose to instal AAX format. At preference menu, in pro tools, I choose to order plug-ins by manufacture. Nothing Happens.
    Pro tools plug-ins folder, doesnt´t show any NI plug-in. They are inside NI Folder olny. What can I do?

17. Alex Andron

Alex Andron New Member

I'm having a similar problem. I just upgraded my system to windows 8.1, pro tools 11, and KOMPLETE 9. None of the NI Instrument plugins appear, except for Battery 4. There is a long list of effects processors under the manufacture list, but none of the software synths are there. I have the following synths running fine in standalone mode, but Pro Tools 11 does not aknowledge them as available plug-ins to use.

Absynth 5.2.0
    FM8 1.3.0
    Kontakt 5.3.1.37
    Massive 1.4.0

What other info would you want from me to help me troubleshoot this problem?

18. Natibe

Natibe New Member

Hey man, I just did a Update at all plug-ins in "NI center" and All works fine. The plug-ins now appear. Did you try that? I was not aware you must update everything to work.

19. Alex Andron

Alex Andron New Member

I updated them all right after I upgraded from KOMPLETE8. Is it possible to re-update them? When I launch the NI Center, everything is showing that i have downloaded the latest updates. The strange thing is that Reaktor5 and Battery 4 both work great in pro tools 11. I'm just missing Absynth5, FM8, Kontakt5 and Massive. Each one works stand alone, just not in Pro Tools. Strange... Must be a pro tools glitch?

20. jackn2mpu

Maybe; maybe not. You don't say what computer platform you're on so I can't tell you exactly where to look but on a Mac the path to the aax plugins is Mac HD/library/application support/Avid/audio and in there are two folders one for plugins being used and one for unused plugins. One thing to try is to trash the PT databases and let PT rescan the plugins and see what happens. Google is your friend for finding out how to trash PT databases; there are separate programs (one for Mac and one for Windows) that will help with this. The PT one is called Trasher and I don't know that the Mac one has a specific name like that.