NI plugins not showing in ProTools Audio Suite

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by jackn2mpu, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Natibe

Natibe New Member

He didi say WINDOWS 8 before.

2. Alex Andron

Alex Andron New Member

Yes, Windows 8.1

It seems that the NI installer put the .aaxplugin files in the following directory:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

I moved them to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

Then added this path to my controller software (Novation Automap 4.8 and SL MkII) VST path.

After doing this, ProTools now recognizes the following:

Battery 4.aaxplugin
    Driver.aaxplugin
    Enhanced EQ.aaxplugin
    Passive EQ.aaxplugin
    Reaktor5.aaxplugin
    Solid Bus Comp.aaxplugin
    Solig Dynamics.aaxplugin
    Transient Master.aaxplugin
    Vari Comp.aaxplugin
    VC 2A.aaxplugin
    VC 76.aaxplugin
    VC 160.aaxplugin

Strangely, whats missing are any .aaxplugin files for:

Absynth 5.2.0
    FM8 1.3.0
    Kontakt 5.3.1.37
    Massive 1.4.0

Any idea where these .aaxplugin folder/files are installed?

Perhaps the solution is as simple as locating where the .aaxplugin folders/files have been placed, and relocating them to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins directory?

I did find some posts that said the instruments .DPM and .DLL files should also be moved into the directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins. (For example: I moved the Absynth 5.dll, Absynth 5.dpm, FM8.dll, FM8.dpm, Kontakt 5.dll, Kontakt 5.dpm, and Massive.dll, Massive.dpm files the Avid Plug-Ins directory).

They appear as functioning fine in Automap 4.8, as they are identified in the VST directory as properly functioning plug-ins, but for some reason these plug-ins still don't appear in the drop-down list.

They do work great in stand alone mode!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  3. Max Lorenzen

Max Lorenzen New Member

I would like to add another request for Pro Tools audiosuite functionality. Between this problem and the jumpy knobs, I may have to stop using the Vintage Compressors series.

4. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

There is a way to use the NI plugins in Pro Tools Audio Suite - get either Blue Cat Audio MB7-2 or Patchwork and use that to host the VST or au versions of any NI plugin. Works fantastic and I use it a lot.

5. ray prim

ray prim New Member

Where do you go to add that path? I'm getting the same problem. protools is not recognizing kontakt 5 player aaax plugin now that I've done the update

6. Daniel Grijalva

Daniel Grijalva New Member

I have a similar Problem,I Recently Updated Kontakt 5 to 5.4 My PT and Kontakt were working Perfectlyfine,But when I updated to Kontakt 5.4 I can nolonger find the Kontakt in my plugin Folders
    I have
    Windows 10
    Intel Core i7- 4770 3.40 Ghz
    32G Ram
    64bit Operating System
    ProTools 10.3
    Scarlet 18i20
    Lexicon Lambda

I currently live in Mexico so the internet is very poor and slow,Everytime I try to update It fails due to slow connection,Allwas fine I AM DESPERATE

7. jackn2mpu

Forget the plugin folders for now as there's a few things to clarify before going further. Can you see your NI plugins in the regular inserts menu for a track? Or are you talking about not seeing the plugins as part of the PT AudioSuite menu system? You may well not see them in the AS menu and don't bother asking NI for help. They are totally clueless on this as I asked about this a couple of years back when this thread was first active and they had no idea what AudioSuite was. As far as where the plugins for PT should be look at this:

Quoted from this page: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/pro-tools-plugins-folder-location
    Pro Tools 10
    added 32-bit AAX format plug-ins (in addition to TDM & RTAS) so you will have 2 folders located here:
    • Mac
      • Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins (for AAX plug-ins)
      • Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins (for TDM/RTAS plug-ins)
    • Windows (64-bit)
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (for AAX plug-ins)
      • C:\\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins (for TDM/RTAS plug-ins)
    • Windows (32-bit)
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (for AAX plug-ins)
      • C:\\Program Files\Common Files\\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins (for TDM/RTAS plug-ins)

8. Daniel Grijalva

Daniel Grijalva New Member

When I use Kontakt 5 it shows up in PT10 as a insert but cirtain sound,I must load the update in order to use the new libraries but when I do the it no lomger shows up in my insert or plugins folder as before...the same thing happended whe I loaded PT12 Reason disapeared and all my Kontakt Libraries said DEMO version....Ive been dealing with this for almost 2 years

9. jackn2mpu

This is why you need to pay attention to the requirements when doing updates. Sometimes back in the Service Center days NI dropped support for RTAS plugins; PT10 was the last PT to use such a plugin format. PT12 is 64 bit and Reason comes in two flavors - 32 and 64 bit. Depending on the operating system it could entail installing a specific version of Reason. Also according to this chart: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/Pro-Tools-Operating-System-Compatibility-Chart
    PT10 is not compatible with Windows 10. What exact revision of Kontakt do you have? Also what exact version of Reason do you have?

• Like Like x 1