1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

NI Razor Poly Partial Increase

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by benji banjo, Mar 8, 2020.

1. benji banjo

benji banjo New Member

Au5 put out a tutorial recently on increasing the partial count in Razor.

It is great for monophonic patches but, when switching into into poly mode, it seems to kill the partial count. Poking around inside the ensemble, I am unable to find what is really controlling the partial count in poly mode. It kinda seems like, when a pitch class is being sent, it is also sending a inverse value for partial number per voice (which makes sense since you'd want more partials for lower voices). I'm not sure that's the case, though, and was wondering if anyone else more experienced than myself could locate in the ensemble where the partial limit for poly mode was.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mosaic_

mosaic_ Guest

There are 2 sine banks, one poly and one mono, and you have to increase the partial limit in both of their properties.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Philippe

Philippe Well-Known Member

Are'n't there three of them ?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2020-3-10_11-35-4.png
    Two voice modes and three sine banks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philippe

Philippe Well-Known Member

OK so two and three :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Psyearth5

Psyearth5 NI Product Owner

I jus finded that information and shared on also post about Razor. I think that we as users need to have this kind of info because I bought Razor and it sounded so weak without details compared to new sinths but after increase sine to 1000 it sounds like new version of Razor with much more power. I will try to do something similar with Prism and I wonder what else can be emproved in official ? Sometimes I find that I need more sinths and I am looking to another VST's but I always get tierd and get back to my Komplete looking for solutions and while Kontour and Spark sometimes even Form sounds like old overcomplicated solutions instruments I think that they have a possibility to sound much more powerful with some kind solution like Razor. Razor is one of my favorites from year 2021. When I found out about this sine increase method.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Razor Smoothing Quality to Excellent.png
    Smoothing Quality to Excellent?
    What's about the users driving Reaktor player?

8. killmaster

killmaster NI Product Owner

I did all these things recommended in this thread and Razor sounds like a wholly different deal now! Thanks all for the suggestions. Makes a huge difference in the sound!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Greg, it's good to have a Reaktor full version.:cool:
    Do you work with AT on mods?

10. killmaster

killmaster NI Product Owner

super busy with other stuff so hadn't had a chance yet!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Brewer

Andrew Brewer New Member

I found something that is making a difference for Poly playback. There are other partial limits sprinkled throughout the program.
    For example:
    1) Inside the "PA, Idx Loop" go into "set # at reset ratio=1" then go into "# partials?". There is a 12000 constant. Raise this to 24000.
    2) Inside the "PA, Idx Loop" go into "set # contin. ratio=1" then go into "# partials?". There is a 12000 constant. Raise this to 24000.
    3) Inside the "PA, Idx Loop" go into "set # contin. vari ratio" then go into "Bass Voice" then into "Too much?". There is a 320 constant. I raised this to 1600, a factor of 5 (note in the sine banks I raised from 300 to 1500 so I assume the multiplier needs to be similar here).
    4) Also within "Bass Voice" go into "enough killed?". There is another constant 320, which I raised to the same 1600 (factor of 5).
    5) Go to "Razor > Synth > Synth > Parameters > Parameter Calc > Partial Process > Stop Iteration". There is another 12000 constant here. Raise this to 24000.

I'm still trying this out, but this seems to be working. Note you need to use a spectogram in your DAW to see what is going on.