NI reaching out to TDJ users (!)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by GenErik, Sep 13, 2016.

1. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Just got a FB message from Scott Hobbs at NI:

Hey! I’m Scott with Native Instruments. We are currently conducting interviews of current and former Traktor DJ users. It looks like you’ve used Traktor DJ, and if this is the case we would love the opportunity to speak with you and learn more about your experiences. If you’re interested, please send an email to ******@native-instruments.de with your full name, email address and age. Thanks!
    This is slightly encouraging. Maybe Traktor DJ isn't as dead as we thought it were? Are they getting in touch with any of the rest of you?

2. ardkor

ardkor Member

Sounds like it could be promising if it isn't a scam.
    Direct him to the forum if he want's to know what people who care about it think. Or maybe he's targeting more casual users, hence why he's asking people on Facebook.
    Why have "discussion forum", then go to Facebook to ask people what they think?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Scott Hobbs designed Traktor DJ.

Good question.

Karlos

4. TroyMichael

TroyMichael Forum Member

Hope Traktor DJ comes to life. I kinda feel there is a huge opportunity for tablet based DJing software that would work with controllers.

I am still waiting for NI to fix Meta data Sync that they heavily promoted. Great feature i would like to see fixed.

5. ibob

ibob Active Member

This does sound promising. As Ardkor said he should read through this forum & I really hope he does.

6. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Scott hobbs is responsible for traktor DJ (IOS), Imaschine 2, and creating the Traktor D2. Plus their are other key members who made those products a success.

• Like Like x 1
  7. alexbnieto

alexbnieto NI Product Owner

word of advice to all. never give out personal info to people! as someone who works in the tech world and in security, that is probably the easiest way for someone to take your info and hack your accounts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

He's going to arrange a video interview with him sometime this week. I will definitely bring up the forums and the laundry list of concerns we have for the product going forward, starting with communication with their user base.

9. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

And being I know what Scott Hobbs look like, it's going to be hard to spoof his face ;)

10. alexbnieto

alexbnieto NI Product Owner

stop the interview as soon as he asks you for your cc# to vault your feedback o_O

11. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

I'll be sure to wear my tinfoil hat just in case.

12. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

He will have read the forum. He will also have been made aware of forum feedback by Keir and Jonas.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  13. Shobbs @ NI

Shobbs @ NI Product Design NI Team

Hi guys, Scott here! Cool to see you’re talking about this here, and don’t worry, this is not a ’scam’! We’re trying to talk to a broad range of Traktor DJ users from around the globe to better understand their experiences with the App. We are listening to and care about your opinions here on the forum, and I’d be more than happy to have a chat with any of you that want to share some thoughts. Please feel free to email me directly and we can set something up. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  14. TroyMichael

TroyMichael Forum Member

Always good to see official NI product peps here on the forum.!

15. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

@Shobbs @ NI : thanks a lot ! :thumbsup: you will find many experienced user in this forum, most of us love TDJ, on other hand quite frustrated about missing updates and missing NI folks.

We used the last 2 years to help each other by ourself, anwered questions to newbies, wrote apps to cover workarounds, complained together ;), most mentioned painpoints were the instability, performance and update quality, more worse with each update (TDJ 1.5.x was best ever), but most frustrating was the absence of any NI guy. We all still hope in the future of TDJ, we love TDJ with the Z1 or S2/4 (btw: missing a X1mk2 support ), for most of us TDJ is the most professional DJ app on iOS. But competitors do large steps, so it's time for NI to surprise us. :thumbsup: we don't need fancy enhancements first, don't need steems as top one, we need quality during our live gigs, and we need listening NI guys like you!

You did a great first step forward, listen to us ! Thank you. I am quite sure you will get worthwhile feedback. Thanks for your joining ! well done.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  16. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

I just want it on the record that my thread was the first to ever get an official NI response ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Kalo and ibob would definitely be two others to talk to. Please e-mail Scott and set up a meeting guys!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Simon Iddol

Simon Iddol Member

hey hey Shobbs, if I remember correctly we've met in Frankfurt at the NI party last year, I was introduced to you by Shiftee and Inferno :) I still use TDJ for my international DJing, I play 2-3 shows a week with it plus I do a weekly live video broadcast. I'm more than happy to talk about TDJ with you, again :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I've messaged Scott and had a reply reasonably quickly!

20. detech

detech NI Product Owner

Allow support for Traktor Z2 not only Z1, kinda a shame atm.