NI Resources Images for my plugins and other sounds

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by bbblocksberg, Dec 10, 2017.

1. bbblocksberg

bbblocksberg New Member

hi,

i just found this video that explains how you can add your own images to the maschine library to display logos and artwork inside the maschine controller and software:

thats easy to do.. but i have trouble that the maschine (hardware + software) is loading the images... do i need to name the folders in a specific way? or the .meta file? any ideas?

thanks !!!

upload_2017-12-10_20-12-34.png

2. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

3. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

Just duplicate a working image folder under NI Resources/Images

Replace pictures (with correct size they were before)
    Rename folder,
    rename "[product name].meta

It is not *.meta.txt
    it is *.meta

4. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I remember this being a popular thing for a brief minute. I thought it was too much work and I just want to make music. I don't really care about 3rd party plug-in images.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I have a sticking point....and I'm afraid I know what the answer is going to be...

I've managed to replace all the artwork for my 3rd party plugins except for a bridged 32-bit one....

the problem is the "developer name" shows up as [jBridge]-

ss browser.png

I'm unsure if "[jBridge]- is what I need to name the folder...and if it *is*....NI won't even recognize it because of the special characters...

any idea of a workaround to this??

6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Why are you assuming its the dev name on the plugin list?
    Change the Vendor and Author to "Native Instruments" under "Properties" on the Tag EDIT thing and see if that fixes it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Well, I assumed it because it appears all plugins are populated by vendor in the list....

This worked...but not how you described...I had to do it at the preset level.

I created a folder in the NI Resources/images folder "SQ8L"...when I change the vendor in the preset to "SQ8L" it will show the artwork in the Maschine browser but only for that specific preset. Which means I'd have to edit it for every user created preset...

am I missing something?? Or is this what you meant

8. D-One

VST Vendor categorization doesn't influence Artwork/thumbnails, they depend on preset/sample properties.

Select all the presets and apply the change to all, you dont need to do it to one at a time.

Basically, we now have to remove credits from presets/samples and change them to "Native Instruments", quite unethical if we download things from other vendors or independent creators IMO, they often promote their website on those credits.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I actually didn't have to change the vendor to NI...it worked just changing the vendor to "SQ8L"

OH - BUT...I didn't update to 2.8 LOL

10. D-One

Well, you will when you update unless you plan on staying in 2.7 for the rest of your life :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Honestly, i might stay right here for a while.

thanks for all the help. you're a god send

NI should cut you a big check

• Like Like x 2
  12. Majestic Dakim

Majestic Dakim NI Product Owner

Those images may look great upon first seeing, but believe me when I tell you, they have heavy consequences for the software. In a very short time (and trust me it's short) you will start noticing a HUGE lag in your Browser (from the hardware). I contacting NI about this for over a year, then finally found where the problem was and corrected it (meaning removed all images that were for my User library). Thank yourself later for taking this advice.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Interesting, I experienced the same thing, didn't connect the two things, restored from a backup I had, things were fine, but it was prior to me doing that.

14. D-One

If you have a high number of thumbnails and a slow computer.. yeah, not a good idea.

15. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Not sure about computer speed, think it comes down more to library size than anything. ;- ) 20TB and growing... but that's many, many years worth of work.

16. D-One

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/sounds-com-bs.348677/#post-1754715
    Read kaldosh post.

Only the screen with the thumbnails lags, i think its related to how the hardware buffers them, there must be a limit. Majestic Dakim never actually stated his computer specs... Not sure if it's low spec's on the computer side (Ram, GPU, CPU, etc..) or if the controller itself has to buffer the images and just cant handle too many. According to Kaldosh's post, it's the computer.

I am pretty sure it's not related to the number of sounds but rather the amount of images displayed because the NKS library is gigantic with K12UCE and I have no issues, as well as many others with low spec pcs.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

In addition to specs...he never stated the amount of thumbnails and/or libraries he had. Details be damned...

Kind of important before you make sweeping statements.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

Hey guys, I have a bunch of Guitar Rig presets and I've been trying to give them different custom thumbnails, that way I can see from my MK3 which component is loaded cause at the moment all of my presets have that generic Guitar Rig plugin artwork, is this possible? products such as Reflektor and Traktor's 12 are supposed to have their own artwork (diffetent MST_plugin, MST_logo, etc) but they show as regular Guitar Rig presets when loaded which is weird cause why would NI bother to create custom thumbnails for these products if they don't work??

19. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I feel you, would like this too, and also for reaktor

20. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

Do you mean that you cannot have custom thumbnails for your own ensembles? even if commercial reaktor ensembles like Form or Razor have their own logos and thumbnails?