1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

NI Stradivari Cello - buggy?

Discussion in 'Third-Party Sample Libraries' started by Tom Auger, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Tom Auger

Tom Auger NI Product Owner

Hi! I fell in love with Stradivari Violin and so have jumped on the early bird Quartet bundle and downloaded the Cello last night.

Has anyone else tried it and found it buggy AF? Volume levels between articulations (staccato vs. sustains for example) are unmanageable, the Marcato articulation is absolutely unplayable and horrible-sounding, and there are random audio artifacts like a sudden growl the first time you play a note after switching between some articulations. The rebowing sounds like it's only 2 samples that alternate and becomes extremely mechanical. The list of gripes goes on.

This Cello patch does not seem like it's anywhere nearly as professional as the Stradivari Violin - which is flawless IMO.

I'm thinking of asking for a refund. Is there anything else I should try first? Or are these known issues that are in the product roadmap to be patched/fixed in the very near future?

2. Tom Auger

I just finished playing with Amati Viola for about an hour and it's not as much of a dumpster fire as the Cello, but it is not without serious flaws.

The Détaché Bowed articulation plays two different sample sets depending on your keyboard performance, but these samples were clearly mic'ed differently! The more "legato" set is pushed way further back into the background – even in multi-mic mode with the two "far" mics completely disabled. It's so obvious as to make that entire articulation unplayable.

Can I get someone from NI to comment on this? Is there a list of known issues and roadmap to address them or should I just ask for a refund?

3. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Did you ever figure this out? The Cello definitely needs updating. The first 2 articulations crackle or as you said "growl". Hope it's fixed soon

4. Tom Auger

No, in fact I've posted another issue with the viola where one note is sampled way louder than neighbouring notes. What's really disheartening is the lack of any real support or input from anyone remotely official (NI or e-instruments). I keep giving these guys my money year after year but...