1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

NI...we need this feature! make me a buyer

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Anonymous09, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous09

Anonymous09 New Member

I only want to use 1 sequencer for ALL my composing. A big part of what an MPC does is pattern and linear sequencing for its internal and external parts. You guys already have the technology in Kore so it makes sense to extend this to the Maschine so you can sequence your VSTi.

The not having a count it....i can find ways to deal with,, But not being able to use 1 SEQUENCER.. because Maschine won't let me use outside VST''s sounds to sequence with was a HUGE mistake.

I would rather spend 699....than 999 ...I want a sequencer that would replace an MPC , but be able to do the same and more because of the software integration.

I'm tired of buying expensive outboard gear to get the job done...I've been hoping for years for something like the "Maschine" to replace expensive AKAI's.

I have had several different studio setups at different times....but as I said....Im looking to compact everything...and go to a more software / computer world of production. You guys have the power to make it happen for a lot of MPC users looking for an alternative in the software world.

Will there be an upgrade to make this happen at some point?....If so...what kind of time frame are we looking at? and will it just be a patch to the software ?

2. jbone1313

jbone1313 NI Product Owner

+1
    Good questions.

3. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

i definitely agree with you on the midi out part. I think some NI rep said they were worign on it. My hope is that NI doesn't pull a Kore 2 and make early adopters wait until version 2 of Maschine to really get the full power of the concept.

If Maschine had a midi out then you could drop it into Kore and you basically have the most kick ass workstation ever created.

That being said NI needs to fix some issues with the software first. Its buggy, it seems to stall and crash quite bit depending on what you are doing. Latency in Maschine is not good, at all! The performance of the software needs to improve quite a bit.

4. andyt

andyt Forum Member

I thought it had a midi out? Surely there is one what good is a sequencer without midi? I waited 18 months for kore's "update" to include midi! Even now with the reaktor toolpack you have to do an INsane routing job to record sequenced program changes and capture sound variation modulation in a host. Or, you can use an Actual groovebox like anything from Roland for example, LOL

5. vveerrgg

vveerrgg NI Product Owner

Anyone use the midi out from the hardware controller to do ANYTHING?

I was thinking at worst I could midi OUT from the Maschine hardware controller and midi IN to the Kore2 controller. Worst case scenario..

6. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

Well... You can midi out, but you can't sequence. I thought of that too.

7. rocadaburn

rocadaburn Forum Member

In the german magazine 'beat' in edition 3/2009 there is a interview with NI PR-Manager Florian Grote. He says that they consider MIDI Out to other devices as an absolute important feature, but they need time to implement this. They plan deliver this function in the middle of 2009 as a free update.

Of course an MPC with JJOS has better possibilities concerning step editing notes & events, but with MIDI OUT on Maschine, you could do your in-depth step editing at the computer and then take your sh*t to the stage for example. And who knows at what point NI will improve step editing from the hardware controller.... it remains exciting! :)

8. Suicide Server

Suicide Server Forum Member

And plese timestretching would be sweet :)

9. quincyg

quincyg New Member

I hope this is top priority for them. It is absolutely crucial to the usefulness of this box. I would hope to see tight battery integration as well.

10. pk24

pk24 New Member

Ehm... they should do a midi in as well, because it could be useful to use the machine sounds even if I transformed the Machine patterns into Cubase midi tracks ;-)

11. jbone1313

To me, both ways are essential. I.e., Maschine should be able to receive MIDI from the host, and send MIDI to the host.

I should be able to open my host, add a track with Maschine, hit record on my host, play some beats, and then playback the host and edit my MIDI clips. There's simply no reasonable argument to why that would be bad.

Maschine even with out the patterns and scenes is still a wicked way to browse and control your kits. That's what I like best about it anyway. I don't care much for the patterns and scenes. I just want to use the library and integration. I'll do my sequencing in my DAW.

I see the usefulness of the patterns and scenes, but the fact that that's the only way to sequence Maschine's sounds is actually a limitation to me.

12. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

i have to disagree, i really like working with Maschine Standalone, building up Patterns and Scenes, saving that as a Project and then bring that Project into a DAW.

composing stuff in Maschine outside of a DAW, is just so much more creative for me :cool:

sowari

13. jbone1313

Sowari,

I agree with you; that's an awesome, creative way to work. But, when you start wanting to fine tune things, it seems like it becomes a real pain. I.e., adding fills.

It would be nicer to do all that creative work, and then lay it all down in a MIDI track in your sequencer for fine tuning. I have a thread open about doing random fills. I'd be curious to know your thoughts on that.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?p=500322#post500322

14. quincyg

quincyg New Member

Exactly! A drum machine is great for getting a certain type of performance, which is why maschine is a huge step in the right direction. A daw is a much better place for editing and fine tuning.

There is no comparison between what is possible with daw midi editing vs trying to edit in a plug-in window. I dont need a work flow interupter, I just want to trigger and create with the maschine and then send the midi to tracks in logic.

When is the estimated time for this feature to be addressed?

I guess you can use it as a midi front end for battery and work that way for now.

15. DJ DiscoPimp

DJ DiscoPimp NI Product Owner

+1

16. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

when it comes to patterns, i don't do random fills ;) hence not commenting. but then my meaning of the word Random might be different to yours?

sowari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.