NIHardwareAgent and NIHostIntegrationAgent

Jojo123
Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
edited October 2022 in Komplete General

I dont run any NI hardware. On the thread below it is suggested these can be disabled if you dont run any NI Hardware.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4612/localhost-attempting-to-access-nihostintegrationagent

Can someone from NI confirm I can safely uncheck these in Login items in MacOS?

Thankyou.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,306 mod
    Answer ✓

@Jojo123 You can't really uninstall them as they are part of the installation for Komplete Kontrol or Maschine but you should be able to de-activate them without issues.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

You don't need NI admin to confirm it. It is not just obvious (and safe), but mandatory (as with any useless program)!

In my case since i own the Maschine, i kept only the NIHardware (because Maschine needs it) and completely uninstall the NIHostIntegrationAgent (because it is used mostly for the Komplete, which i don't use).

In your case, since you don't have any NI hardware, you should remove them both, or at least disable them because they use precious computer resources. They are there, every day that you open your computer and they run in the background continuously, which is completely stupid (NI developers must add an option to remove or disable them)!

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

@Sunborn thankyou for your response. Yes Ive noticed they're using resources in Activity Monitor and this indeed should be an option to uninstall these for those who don't need them. Better still why install them in the first place unless you need them.

I'll disable them but, NI can you please tell me how to uninstall these?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Jojo123 You can't really uninstall them as they are part of the installation for Komplete Kontrol or Maschine but you should be able to de-activate them without issues.

• amitbt
    amitbt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, how can i disabled these agents and prevent them from going to the memory on start? (on Mac OS)

• Justincase
    Justincase Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2023

On windows 10 you can uninstall the NIHostintegrationAgent. Go to windows settings Apps and Features then scroll down to find it and click Uninstall.

• Zilloman
    Zilloman Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    In the folder indicated in the instructions from NI I cannot find the "NIHArdwareAgent" file which must have full access to the disk and this prevents me from installing both new software and updates: where can I download it or where can I look for it? Thanks for any help!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2023

@Zilloman It should be located here, in the local library: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments, if not you should reinstall Komplete Kontrol or Maschine.

• Bren
    Bren Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I followed

But I cannot find NIHardware agent on my computer or to install it. Please advise. Thanks

• Bren
    Bren Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

sorry it didnt copy'

Native Access Error Message: "Installation Failed" (Mac)

page

• Jeremy_NI

@Bren I'm confused, you mention the NIHardware Agent, then Native Access, what is the actual issue and what's your operating system?