NIHardwareAgent

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Kirk Smeaton, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirk Smeaton

Kirk Smeaton NI Product Owner

I've got Traktor Pro running on a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard.
    No NI hardware.
    Why have a got the NIHardwareAgent application in my Account login items so it starts every time I start my Mac and, I assume, runs in the background.
    That's a kind of sneaky Windows thing to do. I bought a Mac for music stuff to avoid this sort of thing!
    I don't like it. Can I get rid of it without suffering any dodgy side effects?

http://mercuriuspoliticus.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

I 'think' its because the latest version of Traktor installs the Controller Editor .

The only way i can see to get rid is if you uninstall and re-install and uncheck the Controller Editor.

Like i say thats my hunch.

Anyone confirm/deny this ?

Karlos

3. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

Go to System Prefs/ Acounts/ Login Items and deselect NIHardwareAgent

Now, it won't run in the background anymore.
    When needed start manually. Hows that for safety?

4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Unless you actually get rid of Controller Editor im 'guessing' that starting Traktor will load it up again even if its deselected previously? Maybe not.

5. mest42085

mest42085 NI Product Owner

when i installed my x1, i could ot get my pc to recognize the controller. i always disable all services except those from microsoft, so it wasnt until I enabled this service that I was able to use my X1 with tsp. If you're not using any midi controllers, you should be fine disabling this.

6. Kirk Smeaton

Kirk Smeaton NI Product Owner

thanks for the tip - that's what I did.
    It doesn't seem to affect my midi controller ( an old Feena)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.