1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

NKS User Library

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Oct 27, 2015.

1. sandrodc

sandrodc New Member

That's right Kymeia! But for some strange reason, it didn't work for me and Knifonium wouldn't appear on my Factory Library. Setting up the files and placing them in those specific locations was the only way to make it work (even PA Helpdesk couldn't figure it out).

So I thought of posting them here in case another user comes across the same problem :)

2. sandrodc

sandrodc New Member

Incredible Aizawa, thanks for sharing! Reminds me of my old days with FileMakePro - too long ago to mention :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eight4aWish

Eight4aWish New Member

Two updates:

Dawesome (Tracktion), Abyss version 1.2, mxinst presets (Maschine only), previews, basic tagging and Ableton pack*:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqClXx22aXD7jeUqBKY5whlhognoNA?e=PPCUhZ

Applied Acoustic Systems, Multiphonics CV-1 version 1.1. Factory library NKS presets, previews, very basic tagging and Ableton pack*:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqClXx22aXD7je81NrLU7tXsTgjCIg?e=N4R1TR

*Off topic I know: Drag and drop contents of the Ableton folder onto your Packs folder; experimental (=might not work for others). Very grateful if someone could point me to an Ableton pack sharing forum similar to this NKS one.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Thanks for these - bit annoying that AAS have not yet added their own NKS versions of this plugin by now

I'm trying to work out why it appears in the category 'other' though in KK. Usually that is the result of a slight mismatch in names or syntax in the categories.json but I'm not seeing a problem there so can't fix it as I usually can. Any ideas?

5. Christos Adamos

Christos Adamos NI Product Owner

Thank you too for these Eight4aWish
    Hey Kymeia it seems that the categories.json have some problem. Can you check this one? For me it works ok
    Also i have removed it from NI Resources\dist_database\applied acoustics systems\multiphonics cv-1

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Thanks Christos that works but I have no idea what is different as they look the same to me.

7. Christos Adamos

Ha ha. I was also looking for some time to find the error. Finally looking the same but have a difference.
    Vendor must be "Applied Acoustics Systems" and not "Applied Acoustic Systems"
    The difference is the "s" in word "Acoustics";)

8. Eight4aWish

Eight4aWish New Member

Well spotted. Amended here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqClXx22aXD7je81NrLU7tXsTgjCIg?e=N4R1TR

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  9. Christos Adamos

10. waki

waki New Member

Hello s_aizawa, is there any chance to share the Latest NKS Arcade Library by Output? The download link above does not work anymore. Thanks!

11. muzamaquer

muzamaquer New Member

Previews in Ableton work like a charm! Thank you so much for these packs.
    I was searching and could not find any similar forums and topics for Ableton patches.
    Could you please share what are the methods and tricks you use to create patches and previews for ableton?

12. s_aizawa

s_aizawa NI Product Owner

Looks like something is wrong...
    I can open it myself, but maybe the link only works for me??

Try this link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x2i4tbyfu6inwmv/AABG6-q2uT2FNHGhCqJbtD66a?dl=0
    or
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmWSWegUPMaFyxQ3RGV7q2pEIXXc?e=M1WXhH

*****Additional Note1*****
    Something is odd. The link above was freshly copied from DropBox link, but doesn't work from anonymous access (using private mode without login)... Let me check.

*****Additional Note2*****
    Now I know why. Dropbox banned my public folders due to "too much traffic". Of course, I'm not using it for any illegal stuff. I'm a paid user and this is frustrating... They say the links will be active again after 24 hours. If you happen to have your own Dropbox account and want to download right now, just DM me with your email address, and I can directly share the folder with you. I guess specified invite still works...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. waki

waki New Member

Thanks a lot! Everything works just fine

14. rusnotip

rusnotip New Member

Again, is down unfortunately ! any chance to upload it again? Thank you in advance!

15. s_aizawa

Gosh this is getting out of my hand. Dropbox said that there is a 400GB daily traffic limit to my shared folder. 400GB!! and beyond that they ban all my folders for 24 hours. Meaning like over 100 people / day download the library. Is it what's happening? I'm literally scratching my head.

Anyway, I am trying to create a mirrored copy in my OneDrive so that folks can download. Wait for update here if you experienced 404.

*****Update*****
    I got OneDrive folder ready for Arcade NKS Presets (fingers crossed no similar trouble happening with OneDrive too)
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmWSWegUPMaFyxQ3RGV7q2pEIXXc?e=M1WXhH

*****Update2*****

OneDrive folder has been down too... What can I do now...
    It seems that the only options are to directly give you access to my Dropbox / OneDrive.
    But Dropbox also limits the number of people that I can invite per day (I have some of you in queue).

I'm not sure about how OneDrive works, but looks like it has a similar function. If you have a Microsoft account, reach out to me so that I can try adding you to the shared folder.

*****Update3*****
    OK, I prepared a download link to the Output Arcade NKS archive using Sendy. This is just a snapshot archive created for a temporary solution.
    To avoid the maximum limit issue, I would like to keep it to specific invites. If you want access, DM me and drop your email address so that I can send you the link.

So, I offer 3 options now.
    - Add you to the Dropbox shared folder, which keeps updated on an ongoing basis.
    (You need a Dropbox premium account. Currently I'm stuck with the daily invite limit here, too. you may have to wait a day or two, but this is most convenient because the folder will keep updated in the future)

- Add you to the OneDrive shared folder, which keeps updated on an ongoing basis.
    (You need a Microsoft account. I have not tried this before, so I'm not sure if it works like Dropbox)
    - Send you the link to the Sendy storage, which is a one time archive (as of Oct 23, 2021).
    (A generic email address should be fine)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HappyFredo

HappyFredo New Member

Unfortunately Link is down too...

17. rusnotip

rusnotip New Member

Thank you so much saizawa for the efforts! Unfortunately is down again. I arrived late and couldn’t download it. So bad luck! thanks anyways! Hope I can download it soon !

18. s_aizawa

OK, I prepared a download link to the Output Arcade NKS archive using Sendy. This is just a snapshot archive created for a temporary solution.
    To avoid the maximum limit issue, I would like to keep it to specific invites. If you want access, DM me and drop your email address so that I can send you the link.

Check the update I made in my previous comment, too.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  19. HappyFredo

HappyFredo New Member

Hello,
    Thank you for your effort it's cool !
    I send you a conversion for the link

Have a nice day !

Best regards

20. s_aizawa

Updates on Output Arcade NKS Presets (Oct 27, 2021)

Due to recent spike in traffic, I made the size of the entire library less than 2GB by shrinking sound previews.
    This slightly reduces the audio quality of the previews, but overall I think the benefits outperform the downsides.

- Hopefully, smaller size will help reduce the download caps enforced by Dropbox and OneDrive.
    - Now the entire library is less than 2GB, free Dropbox account users may be able to join the shared folder (not verified yet ****update**** Confirmed: Dropbox free account is able to sync with the Arcade NKS folder though it eats up pretty much all the storage; I will post a video showing how to do desktop integration for automated kit updates)
    - Shorter time to download the library (compressed file is about 800MB in size)

1. Simply Download:
    - Dropbox
    - OneDrive
    - Sendy
    (in case neither link works; you need to DM me your email address)

OR

2. Join shared folder (Dropbox or OneDrive):
    - Join the Dropbox shared folder (the most convenient option)
    You need your own Dropbox account ready and at least 2GB free space. Free accounts should work, but I'm not sure if it is really so. This is by far the most convenient, because you connect your Dropbox folder to KK/Maschine library (using desktop intergration), you will get automated updates with Arcade NKS as I make them available on a daily basis.
    - Receive a permanent link to OneDrive shared folder.
    You need a Microsoft account. This option works similarly to Dropbox, but it does not allow real-time sharing, so you need to manually download the files on an ongoing basis.​

Either way, DM me about your preferred way to get the updates.

Thank you,

arcade.png

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4