1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NKS User Library

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 4
  2. soapmak3r

soapmak3r NI Product Owner

Does this mean that it will be possible for me to map the keyswitches and use the KK features with my EastWest libraries?

If so, I will be in heaven. It would be the best of all worlds!

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I think that would require them being NKS plugins.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sticky BC

Sticky BC New Member

Please excuse my ignorance, but can someone clue me in on how you go about opening third-party vst's inside of Komplete Kontrol?

I've added my VST folder to both the "User" library and under "plug-ins" in the preferences/

While navigating in KK, if I select "user", then "view", and "plug-in panel" and handful of VST's show up, but not all....

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Dropdown list is under the file and edit menus

The ones in the user and factory tabs will be ones that are already mapped and NKS plugins

• Like Like x 1
  8. mattrixx

mattrixx NI Product Owner

Hi folks,
    Firstly thanks for the great wealth of info in this thread. It's a been of great help.

I seem to be having an issue with getting the library to see my users folder. If under preferences, I navigate to my Users folder (i.e. MacHD/Users/~me/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content) It responds with "An entry with the same location already exists in the Library. Please choose a new location"

However, if I go into the existing "Factory" tab, it is definitely not in the list of locations.

(it seems my 'saved' settings are being consumed into the main library, no the 'user' library...Mmmm)

Anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  9. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

many thanks for these two - i am beginning to think that these are my favourite 'Analogue' synths in terms of their sound and the presets that have been created for them.

also thanks for the Kore Legacy templates :thumbsup:

sowari

10. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

i am making this thread a 'Stickie'

sowari

• Like Like x 3
  11. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Remove your VST folder from your user library as it does not belong there. Only under plugins.

12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes they are lovely, I just hope NI will provide us a means of importing their patches.

Thanks for making this a sticky.

• Like Like x 2
  13. liasdavis

liasdavis New Member

What are you using to make these templates; I want to start making some for all my 3rd party Kontakt Libraries? Thanks in advance.

14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

The Komplete Kontrol browser app has all you need to edit mappings and create templates for most plugins.

However, it's a bit more complicated for Kontakt libraries. I managed to import Soniccouture Geosonics and Box of Tricks but it only works if they are proper Kontakt libraries (ie if they show up in the libraries tab). Also you need to create thumbnails for them to go in the shared images folder. I made image templates for both those SC libraries but to import Kontakt libraries you need to use the import dialogue in the files tab (not the same way as if it was a plugin template).

15. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  18. prakashsi

prakashsi NI Product Owner

Sylenth
    Synth 1
    Zeta

Anything by:
    u-He
    Ohmforce
    Lexicon
    Rob Papen
    D16 Group

19. soapmak3r

soapmak3r NI Product Owner

Does the 1.5 update mean that I can use the chords/scales/arpeggiator with non-NKS plugins like EastWest Play though? Or no?

20. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I think so.

• Like Like x 1