1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NKS User Library

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I've added them to the Dropbox now too

2. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Another tiny update - just added a better splash screen for the hardware browser based on the colourful 'about' screen Pigments has (left the old plain one in a zip in case anyone prefers that) and updated the logos with a closer looking font to the plugin GUI (still not 100% though, can't find an exact font match)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

And now Christos has sent me the previews for the 1.1 patches too so added them to the NKS Factory NKS ZIP

(Also updated to fix folder structure for dist_database - thanks Christos)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. DigitalMechanik

DigitalMechanik New Member

Hi Cristos Adamos,
    it is possible to download the previews from a other place? Your link is down :(
    Thank a lot for e response
    DM

5. Christos Adamos

Christos Adamos NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  6. CubaseThomas

CubaseThomas NI Product Owner

Thank you for your work!
    Unfortunately a strange behavior happens:
    When I want to load a preset in the browser of my Komplete Kontrol Keyboard, the KK Software says "Plug in to found".
    Everything else works fine, I just cannot load any presets (also not in the KK software), preview are played, knobs work fine...
    When I choose a preset in the GUI of the Plugin itself, it get's loaded....

It's probably a stupid mistake I make... ?! :)....

Attached Files:

7. DigitalMechanik

DigitalMechanik New Member

8. Christos Adamos

Christos Adamos NI Product Owner

You're welcome:)

9. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar NI Product Owner

Hi, does anyone know how to remove a placeholder without messing up the other entries? The ugly placeholder still appears in KK software AND on the left screen of the S88 when browsing. I deleted its image and dist_database folders and rescanned. However, its still showing. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

10. DAWNLGHT

DAWNLGHT NI Product Owner

You still have to delete the presets from the User Content folder.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar NI Product Owner

Thank you! One more question: How do we rename presets we've saved to the user library?
    Can we just Find In Explorer and then change the filename of the .nksf preset file?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  12. DAWNLGHT

DAWNLGHT NI Product Owner

Since the name is both contained in the file name and inside the file, you can't change it. Anyway, you can open the preset, save it again with the desired name and delete the first one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I've just updated the Tyrell no.6 NKS patches and the template file - trying to get that as perfect as possible before I start converting the available third party banks for this (free ones)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  14. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Any idea why with some user libraries, when I load a plugin, the small icon doesn't load? It happens with quite a few of my libraries.

Attached Files:

• kk.jpg
      kk.jpg
      File size:
      418 KB
      Views:
  15. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes it's covered in my info.txt file in the dropbox, all thumbnails go in NI Resources/images/companyname/pluginname but the MST_plugin and MST_logo pngs also need to be copied into NI Resources/images/pluginname.

In my newer uploads I've replicated that structure to make it easier to understand (since clearly not everyone reads info files) - just rearranged files in the Tyrell folders to do the same.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  16. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Still not working. I deleted my folders and pasted yours in their place. Out of over 30 user libraries, only about 11 are showing an image in that section of KK.

17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Should do I copied over exactly the same folder that's in mine - try it with some others. I have it showing for every single plugin correctly so I know the method is sound as long as the plugin and company name are exactly as they appear in KK (and have no dots or funny characters in them).

18. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

Hi Kymeia!

Nice job with all the plugins! I don't have alot my self, but I have used TyrellN6 many times and would love to have it in KK.

But there are some weirdness in your implementation for me (KK 2.05 R143):

When I am in the browser on my KK S61 mk2 and choose TyrellN6, all the images are there and looking good, previews working fine, tags are good.

And I can load the instrument fine (just downloaded it again from u-he, version 3).

But after loading a sound and now in the plugin-window none of the pictures work. There is just the NI stock-image and on the right screen it just says the name TyrellN6(x64) instead of showing the picture.

I compared it with vacuumPro_x64 from jason (jester) which i also have in KK and that works just fine with all images good, and I have done exactly the same when "installing" the TyrellN6-stuff.

The second thing: All parameters have the ending "unit" which is annoying - isn't it possible to not have it, or even better have right unit shown like "%" and "dB" so on.

Thx alot, hope to hear your answer and maybe solution, best to you!

19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I guess you are on Windows? The images issue sounds like a plugin name thing, on Mac the plugin doesn't have the (x64) in the plugin name, didn't realise it does on Windows. You could try renaming the plugin name folders to match?

Can't do anything about the 'unit' thing, seems to be just what the plugin tells the host to put on the screen, out of my hands

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  20. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

Yeah i am on Windows 10 pro --> I have tried different ways of renaming, but it doesnt seem to help - i'll let you know if I manage to find a solution. It is such a shame, as it is otherwise so awesome to have the plugin in KK!