1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NKS User Library

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Christos Adamos

Christos Adamos NI Product Owner

Ok, I'm happy to help you. Lets start with LABS. Please go to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image" and rename the "LABS" folder to "labs" (no capital letters). For me works ok

Attached Files:

2. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

I already tried that, too.

3. Christos Adamos

Strange. Can you check please, if my modified NI Resources work for you?

Attached Files:

4. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Before I check your modifications, here's the latest. I click on a preview and hear the sound. Double click and get the generic icon. Double click again on the same sound, and the LABS icon appears. Happens with each sound.

5. Christos Adamos

Yeah. This happens to me too. I will investigate it further

6. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

On some sounds, the icon flashes for a second on first double click like it wants to load, but then goes back to the generic icon until I double click again. I tried with your modified files with same result.

7. Christos Adamos

Same for me. If i found a little time i will check it on afternoon

8. DAWNLGHT

DAWNLGHT NI Product Owner

I've played a bit with LABS on Komplete Kontrol, and the new strange behaviour seems to make even more complicated to make NKS presets for it (specially the issue that makes Komplete Kontrol to override the mappings each time you use the browser from LABS).

For anyone that does have LABS, check out if you are experiencing a behaviour similar to the one showed in this video I made:
    https://streamable.com/gc4zy

I think I'm going to need some help to find a solution for this...

9. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Maybe that's why it's free.:(

10. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

I'm not a user of the FX feature of Komplete Kontrol or a user of Maschine but I get asked quite a bit for FX libraries so since I have Soundtoys 5 I thought i'd start there...

Full bundle of all 21 effects is available as well as individual NKS for each effect for those that do not have the full bundle. Took quite some time to create due to the number of images and database files that needed to be created but should offer the same preset browsing structure as the plugins themselves with banks for each preset section and all tagged and categorised in the browser.

Bundle version also includes the Effect Rack but at this stage I have not mapped each different racks parameters as this requires manual work to lay out pages correctly and a lot of additional time

View attachment 78787

Each plugin also includes a "User Bank" preset that can be loaded and then used to save any custom settings you would like. This will allow your custom settings to be saved under the "User" bank for each plugin

More info Here

Also recently released:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

All of the Soundtoys are in the user library, mostly with presets converted to NKS, including my own addon bank for Crystallizer in NKS format, so if anyone wants that I'll leave it there, but there are a couple I never completed so thanks for doing this

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  12. Christos Adamos

Exactly same issues here:(

13. Lars Daniel Terkelsen

Lars Daniel Terkelsen NI Product Owner

I just discovered this. A HUGE thanks to Kymeia. Awesome to now have my Cypher2 and Zebra2 in KK browser.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  14. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Not to take away from any of the librarys built in the thread. But one of the form members Felicia (I think), has created a windows program for creating nks presets out of plugins. Its called preset magician (presetmagician.com)

It's still doesn't have support for every plugin like Waves etc, but I have had great success. It builds nks resources for you automatically, you can merge the knob assignment you have created in an existing preset into the plugin and it is exported with all the presets, which is f.... awesome :cool:. So all my vsts now share the same/similar page layout for knobs, making navigating around a synth through pages a good bit easier :thumbsup:.

I also noticed in one of the updates it even strips away those stupid [jbridge] tags for those that still use the old 32bit plugins, but haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

16. Christos Adamos

I just bought Iris2 and Stylus RMX
    Great work as always!
    Thanks Jester

17. Christos Adamos

Sorry for the delayed answer
    For me, the vstation and Xpand!2 artworks appears correctly.
    Artworks must be placed in two locations. For example on Vstation the paths are:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image\novation\vstation
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image\vstation

Also My VST names are: "Vstation.dll" and Xpand2.dll"
    Have you rename these?

18. Home Studio

Home Studio NI Product Owner

Jester Hammond B3-X ? ;):)

19. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

A large bulk of Waves plugins are already NKS.

20. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

I got the bass station and vstation working. I already changed the VST to Xpand.dll and have all the artwork in the correct folders, but still don't have the browser icon, just the small icon on top. Running out of ideas.