1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NKS User Library

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Yeah I know sucks big time. Shame as I really like Little One.

2. DAWNLGHT

DAWNLGHT NI Product Owner

Guys, great news. I've just checked it, and with the latest version of both LABS and Komplete Kontrol the bugs that happened a few months ago are now gone! This means for sure that I'll update the NKS library for it to support all the instruments up to date, but I don't know how much time it will take so please be patient!:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Will this include all 23 instruments?

4. DAWNLGHT

Every existing instrument on LABS at the present time!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Looking forward to it. LABS just added another instrument, Wurli, bringing the total to 24 instruments.

6. s_aizawa

s_aizawa New Member

Monthly Update: NKS library for Arcade by Output, adding 78 new kits (total: 2348 kits)

Download HERE.

Here is the monthly update for NKS library for Arcade by Output.
    - All the presets are tagged with TYPES and CHARACTERS and come with sound previews.
    - Make sure you download each kit before recalling using NKS files. If you haven't downloaded the samples, they are not loaded (download does not happen automatically)
    - New content is constantly added to Arcade. I update the library as new kits are.
    - Each preset has a prefix to indicate the name of the kit and use it for filtering. Banks are provided essentially for this purpose as well, but for two reasons I have still maintained the prefixes: 1) Prefixes give you what the parent Line is for the preset even without hearing the preview (but only if you've got familiar with the acronym; I know for some people the current prefixes are not intuitive enough); 2) There is no easy to way to batch-change to remove the prefixes from preset names, due to the nature of NKS files (.nksf).
    - I think this should work fine with the trial period.
    - Only the Kits are converted; individual samples are not searchable from KK/Maschine.
    - Knob assignment is limited to the 4 macros. Arcade has some issues with midi control in my settings. It does map control, but from my KK M32, the values cannot be changed, EXCEPT for the 4 macros (which are the most important)

Thank you,

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pdexinthelab

Pdexinthelab New Member

1. Thank you very much for everything you are doing, it is much appreciated Bud. I look forward to your monthly posts on here .

Now
    Hopefully somebody can figure out a way to download all of the Kits, as due to being a blind producer I have to get some sighted assistance to interact with the on accessible interface,
    Until then I will keep emailing them and they can keep ignoring me Lol.
    Is it possible to assign one of the knobs to change the key on arcade?

8. captainkk

captainkk New Member

Download LINK

AudioRealism ABL3 with thumbnails, presets, previews and tagged. Tried it out on 2 different computers and all seems OK, but let me know if there are any problems.

Hope you are all well in these strange days. Stay in and make Acid

9. David E

David E New Member

Hi,

Brand new to this forum and unsure how to start a new topic but I have a problem and would appreciate some assistance, thanks...

Can someone help me with this problem in Nektarine please?

upload_2020-4-9_11-43-18.png

10. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Maybe try nektar support

11. stratoholic

stratoholic NI Product Owner

Is there any support for third-party keyboard controllers... like a Nektar Impact LX61?

12. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Why should there be. Go to the relevant manufacturers forums/support sites.

13. stratoholic

Vendors kile Akai support third-party products... see VIP
    Whatever

14. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

You can add midi control to Komplete Kontrol for any keyboard to control the 8 macros and preset up/down. So yes there is 3rd party keyboard support.

15. stratoholic

Thank you for that info.

KK 2.3.0 (R177), Windows 10 Pro, 900+ VST

I was complaining about the following:
    Launch KK
    Click on ALL INSTRUMENTS
    Load any AAS instrument.
    Audition AAS presets in the KK browser.
    Double click a preset in the KK browser and it loads the associated plugin in the plugin area.
    Continue to audition presets in the KK browser.
    Make any changes to the plugin in the plugin window.
    Everything works

So all the aforementioned behavior is what I would expect KK to do.

Now, click on ALL INSTRUMENTS again.
    Load Analogue Dreams.
    Audition Analogue Dreams presets in the KK browser.
    Double click an Analogue Dreams preset in the KK browser and it loads AD and the associated plugin in the plugin area.
    Close Analogue Dreams with the small "x" to the far left of its name.
    Click ALL INSTRUMENTS
    Click on POLYPLEX
    Click on any preset in the KK browser and NO SOUND FROM THE POLYPLEX PLUGIN.
    Double click on any POLYPLEX preset and KK loads POLYPLEX into the plugin window
    Click on the POLYPLEX pads and they sound as one would expect.
    I guess POLYPLEX is a special case.

However, clear POLYPLEX and select MONARCH with a single click.
    Click on the MONARCH presets in the KK browser and no sound??????????????

In other words, I get better performance in KK using AAS product compared to NI product.

Don't get me wrong... I love all the NI products. I just want to be sure that the info that I referenced is the way KK is supposed to work??

KK 2.3.0 (R177), Windows 10 Pro, 900+ VST

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  16. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Probably best to start a thread and state the version of your KK software, what OS you are on etc... I have never had any issues myself like that, tho TBH I use my own 3rd party libraries for NKS far more than my old Komplete 10 content but I have never had previews stop working.

17. CubaseThomas

CubaseThomas NI Product Owner

Hi Chistos,

Happy Easter!
    I just found a tiny new sound bank for Spire, which is available for free in their shop:
    https://www.reveal-sound.com/store/product/Piano_Kit

As you're the "official NKS guy" for Reveal Sound, do you thinks, it's possible to extend your NKS kit by those 8 presets from that new Piano Kit?
    Are there any plans making some of their commercial preset bank NKS compatible too?

Thanks in advance!

18. DAWNLGHT

I've a doubt. How we can deal with VST names that contain special characters? For example, LABS' VST is called "LABS (64 Bit)". In order to make everything work fine I'm forced to rename the VST to "LABS", but is there any way we can overcome it?

19. stratoholic

Here is another way to explain it.

I audition A|A|S presets in the KK browser and they all sound perfectly.
    I double click on an A|A|S preset and the associated plugin instrument loads fine
    I can select different presets on the plugin GUI in the plugin section of KK... no problem.
    I can go back and continue to audition A|A|S presets in the KK browser... no problem

On the other hand:

I select the NI instrument MONARK, from the ALL INSTRUMENTS menu in the KK browser.
    I click on a preset in the KK browser and it does not sound - NO SOUND
    I double click on a MONARK preset in the KK browser and it loads MONARK in the plugin area of KK... no problem
    I can switch presets using and MONARK preset selector in the plugin area of KK and it works fine.
    I click a preset in the KK browser and it still does not sound.

In other words, KK works better with the AAS plugin than it does with its own plugins...
    This behavior does not make sense to me.

Any KK users using KK with a non-NI keyboard controller?
    Are you getting the same results?

20. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

No problems using either, everything works as it should.