No CrossGrade offer in the NI Shop

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by magichew, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

The Cross grade is a limited time offer, (May 1- 31 I think), it was not posted because the offer was not valid till may 1st. Expect it to be available Wed May 2nd as Tue May 01 is a federal Holidy in Germany. The crossgrade should be available in the retail channel on May 01.

2. magichew

magichew NI Product Owner

Superduper! I'll be getting my order on tomorrow as soon as it's there. Sounds like I'm going to need a spare pair of those Core cables too.

3. GoldSkin

GoldSkin NI Product Owner

damn, I just check guitar center in the us and what do I see??

399US compared to 399EUR over here ... man this drives me crazy, not only that the US guys are able to order today, no they even pay less. according to the current exchange rate this comes out to 292EUR and not 399EUR ... sorry but this pi**es me off a bit ... especially as guitar center doesnt deliver to germany... that aint fair.

and why do I state this? as I said 299EUR would be areasonable price for the update ... and only the US guys get it for that price ... this su**s.

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

5. magichew

Just so that our American friends understand that, that means that TS would cost you $545 here.

6. GoldSkin

thanx mate

7. magichew

It's a service. How'd you like to be paying that? Would you see that as a fair price?

8. GoldSkin

unluckily you cant send pints via paypal yet ...

9. PhilL

Oooooohhhh Bugger!!!!.... I better recall that keg I just sent a mate then.....

10. PhilL

'Cept 299 is the upgrade price for Scratch Certified hardware products and you seem to be mixing it up with the 399 crossgrade price for FS2 Serato and Traktor product lines.

11. GoldSkin

I do refer to the following:

guitar center in the US
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...System-Competitive-Crossgrade?full_sku=700928
    399US equals 292,xxEUR (oanda.com from today)

Thomann.de a german retailer:
    English site:
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/native_instruments_traktor_scratch_crossgrade.htm
    385EUR or 524,xxUSD (oanda.com from today)

their German site:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/native_instruments_traktor_scratch_crossgrade.htm
    399EUR or 543,xxUSD (oanda.com from today)

ok so we have 292EUR in the US, 385EUR in Germany if you take a look on the English website and 399EUR if you take a look on the German website..

or in US 399US$, Germany UK site 524US$ or Germany German site 543US$ ...

no matter what if you buy off thomann the German price is the most expensive as well as in comparission.

And if you like to point out this is due to exchange rates, NI has offices in the US and in Germany I dont buy that argument..

and regarding the 299EUR I mentioned, I was asked once what I think would be a reasonable crossgrade price if I could set what the price should be like..

and I gave the following reason: the software update is just one part, which has been developed further. the heaviest piece of the price is from my understanding the hardware I need to deliver to the customer, which if they would still would support the FS2 hardware is more less no even needed, and FSOpen allowes you to do so.

So they dropped FS2amp support, they question me to get their solution instead of using anyone else available like rane and others. They have more less tricked me twice 1st the TFS upgrade which I had to buy, then they dropped the AMP support.
    As a supportig FS user I like to see this rewarded, I am not talking about switchers from rane or other solutions...

this would have been a fair price for me.

12. magichew

I've been on this one before too. To be fair I've come to terms with the price differences but something that really bugged me is that I got an email from NI at Christmas time telling me to hurry up and order Traktor 3 because it's not going to be supported as of Jan 1st 07.
    So I order it and pay the 80euros (What's the euro symbol on a MBP?) and then I find out about a month later that Traktor Scratch is coming out!

13. Project333

Project333 NI Product Owner

can't found the crossgrade offer...
    when i try to buy it still in it's original price...
    so...
    how to get the offer?
    :confused:

14. magichew

Phil says we're going to have to wait until tomorrow to order it from the NI site. Fingers crossed it comes on. Don't know what the lead time will be like for delivery though as many people seem to be saying the middle of May.

15. Project333

Project333 NI Product Owner

ow...
    i'll try 2morrow...

thankz

16. PhilL

This is NOT computing?!?!?!?

On the matter of what is a fair price to you.... Gotchya... Fair Enuff.

Phil

17. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

There is more to price differences in global markets than exchange rates. Go to your closest university and ask an economics student. ;-)

18. dbsoundz

dbsoundz NI Product Owner

it's like waiting for christmas :cool: but still nothing in the shop :(

19. djneural

djneural NI Product Owner

what's up? still nothing about crossgrade on the store...

EDIT - 8:25: It's now on store just ordered it!

20. magichew

Just so you know it's in, I'll start a new thread to say this actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.