No Headphone Audio Maschine MK3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Froever, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Froever

Froever NI Product Owner

I just got my Maschine MK3 but can't seem to get the Audio to work. I looked up a few guides online but nothing worked.
    If I set the audio to my regular output and plug my headphones into my PC I get some sound but really bad and stuttery. And if I try to use the inbuild Soundcard of the Maschine and plug my headphones into the Maschine with a Quarter inch adapter I get no sound at all.
    Am I missing a driver or something else ?
    I'm currently using the WASAPI (Shared Mode), Device: Maschine MK3 WDM Audio and Headphones L & R on Maschine Out 1 L & R

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

No, you are missing NI's excellent manual.

Press SETTINGS on the hardware,
    Select HARDWARE,
    And select + Phones with the sixth knob.

René

3. Froever

Froever NI Product Owner

Thanks mate but unfortunately that's already on +Phones but doesn't work anyway...

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Use the ASIO option for a start. And have you checked that the headphone output is turned up?

5. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

That would have been my second advice and question.
    And the headphones must be in the MK3 and not in your PC.
    But you're ahead of me.:(

René

6. Froever

Froever NI Product Owner

Unfortunately that doesn't work either :/ And yeah the volume is turned up. I can get Audio out of it if I set it to my default audio device but it's reeeaally bad, lags and is super distorted. But other people say it also works for them and my Maschine is brand new and my PC is like 6 months old so idk.. Maybe I'll buy a new Quarter inch adapter and see if that'll fix it.

7. von Klamke

von Klamke NI Product Owner

Please post screenshots of your audio settings in Maschine software, also post your audio routings, and also post your buffer settings

8. Froever

Froever NI Product Owner

Thanks for wanting to help. But just today I got my new Quarter Inch Adpters and now I finally have audio :) My old one was just broken..

9. Froever

Froever NI Product Owner

Though now I always seem to get some sort of stutters or crackle through my headphones.. :/

10. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Does this happen when monitoring through the main outputs too?

11. socalarchaeo

socalarchaeo NI Product Owner

I have no audio from Maschine using headphones but can get audio through headphones plugged into Maschine from all other sources (iTunes / web browser etc.) Running macOS Catalina 10.15.4. Only sound that won't play through the headphones is all sound from Maschine...

12. Froever

Froever NI Product Owner

Yeah I just switched it and it's still crackling. Could it be that my Headphones are to bad or can't handle the audio Maschine puts out ?