No MASCHINE 2.5 vst after update

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by tintala, Oct 22, 2016.

1. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

Is there an update for maschine vst 2.5? if so how to get it? does not show in SC.

2. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

You'll have to update the whole software to 2.5 in order to get the 2.5 vst. The plugin will be placed in the 64bit plugin sub folder in maschine main folder

3. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

I see Kontakt vst in service center, but I dont see any other vst in sc, should Maschine vst be visible in Sc?

4. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

I have updated to 2.5 and see my library, however, the update DID NOT place the vst in my folder , where in SC i can see it knows the path to place stand alone and vst, yet no 2.5 vst after update.... how does one get the vst to get installed? I know its suppose to be installed with the app update, yet it hasnt..

5. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

6. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

So no one else has this ? the download thru SC doesn't initiate the .dll file. so I have searched my whole system but I have a "downloads" folder designated for SC downloads. SC will download 2.5 app.. so Im running 2.5 app with 2.4 .dll in live, cannot open 2.5 projects in Live. I hate to uninstall maschine...............again, but might have to. I also cannot stop maschine from scanning presets and especially Kontakt library each time, I know there is a do not scan option its ticked to off. So it scans away.

7. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Assuming you are on Windows, this is due to a common error with how you have your install paths set for the VST version. The 2.5 update installer is likely installing the VST to a different path that Live is scanning. If you are using Service Center, there is a way in Service Center to reveal where it installed the VST version. Keep in mind the 32 bit and 64 bit versions can be installed in different directories.

There is a Knowledgebase articles on how to resolve.

8. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

Thanks , but I thought I set the paths for .dll installation on windows , never had this issue , not to mention it happened after updating 2.5 app. Each time install helper asks where to put vst on windows , I have a folder ,this is common protocol for windows , however my sc doesn't show any vst of any app in Sc , yet I have them installed in my custom vst folder and they all initiate cept machine . It's just so buggy . I've had nothing but issues with maschine since 2.0

9. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Sorry, there used to be a way to verify install paths in Service Center, they must have pulled that feature in one of the updates. Contact support.