No News?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Eddie Jag, Mar 9, 2017.

1. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Thanks for the insight.

Here are three links that prove the end of the world is tomorrow .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17281...tal-solar-eclipse-hitting-america-and-the-uk/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ib...omorrow-who-predicting-end-world-2017-1596921

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ld-doomsday-believers-predict-the-apocalypse/

So the answer is quite clear.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...b-righteous isn't an NI employee, but a forum moderator who told you about the beta situation - he is probably not pulling the info out of somewhere. And I assume, you haven't worked with that leaked feature as long as a beta tester did. So, I don't mean no disrespect either, if I tell you who I believe is the more appropriate source to judge on that matter. I also didn't say that Maschine is supposed to become a DAW, I was talking about features that turn it into something that brings it closer to a traditional DAW and that is certainly wanted by a lot of users - certainly for the alledged minority of standalone users (to which I belong). But even not every standalone user wants it to become a DAW (I don't). NI is probably trying to bridge a lot of gaps to keep "both camps" happy and to offer something slightly different than what's available on the market - something which might be interesting and helpful and, in my opinion, is certainly needed at the line of breakage between performance and production. But supposably none of this is easy and I think, the picture of reconstructing a house (with its many implications) isn't inaccurate. I suppose, the eight years of development since Maschine's first release certainly isn't a straigth line and it probably has more than one or two phases - my guess is, we're at phase three or four and it probably is still a long way. (But probably not for the next update or even Maschine 3).

I'm not saying these things and countering your arguments to upset you or anyone else, but to offer an explanation why Maschine's situation might be this way. By saying this, it doesn't mean that I'm happy about it (nope!), but I'm able to see things differently than maybe you and other forum members. However, I do that, in fact, in the same way like you and others - just with a different result. I also make observations, interpret them and formulate something what I am certain is what's actually going on. But it can be indeed wrong, just as the opposing assumptions can be.

However, I'm at least confident for myself, that the explanation for all of this isn't that NI is a shady & greedy company, who just likes to take people's money, willingly withholds features, so that they can enjoy watching their customers trapped in that hole they've build with their ecosystem. I read such remarks quite often and I can't help but think, that such a view may not be too far away from conspiracy theories. And it is certainly not helpful and supposably not appropriate to think and feel that way (but maybe sign of the times). However, if anyone would come to such a conclusion - why stay with Maschine and in this forum for another second? A smart thing could be selling everything, cutting your losses and moving on. However, I believe (and beliefs can indeed be disproven) that in reality monocausal explanations rarely apply and that the reasons for something like this long waiting period may be manifold. I could list some aspects, that I think may have an effect on Maschine's development, but then again, I may be rightfully accused of boring people with walls of text. But if you'd like some insight into my reality construct - I'd be happy to help... :)

3. Mac Tinitus

Mac Tinitus NI Product Owner

no communication is a no go for a company . If I do this way at my work ... I will loose it fast ..for sure . So how can I want sell gear but ignore the communication? Wondering me . The game has changed from please buy to wait what you get .So not the company is thankfully that you spend money / you can be thankfully if you can spend your money to the company . Some sounds like Ni is a good friend and will help you to make Musik .. not bad if they don't communicate -not bad how long it takes to bring what was said . Jam not ready but no problem I pre order .. At least Ni has not the blame . If the system works -why not using it . This is buzzznizzz .
    But try to buy a Jam and pay it in 8Years ... I don't think they are so pleasure to wait like costumer are . Anyways ... :
    Make Maschine Great again !

4. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

5. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

Shut UP D.O.!!! I buy my gear from income amassed selling tinfoil hats to these people!!! Enough with the labels, already! :p

Terry

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mac Tinitus

Mac Tinitus NI Product Owner

One thing really impress me . The support after so many years . Really good work . Have not the feeling to burn my money away . Have spend much money for other gear and after short time was it on legancy list . No support for win 10 or new OS X . Maschine is still day for day in use and gives still gas. Hope the get fixed some things in Software and keep on this hardware .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eddie Jag

Eddie Jag NI Product Owner

You have your opinion and I have mine. I don't get easily offended like many people on this forum, so don't worry about coming off disrespectful. I respect your opinion, just simply disagree. I think they've had ample time these last 2 years to provide something worthwhile. The only option is that the Maschine development team is too small (which it likely is, since they have admitted themselves that they switched focus for a year to develop Komplete Kontrol and most likely Jam too) or that they are holding good features for paid release. There is no excuse for a company that was already on thin ice with its long standing customers, hence the "Open Letter" to completely disregard everything said in the open letter. Don't believe me? Have a read of that thread again to refresh your memory. It's been literally a year, and they've only been able to add very minuscule improvements. They have hit none of the big items, many users were anxious for after that letter. So it is highly disappointing and discouraging to see that. Me personally? Honestly I don't think it's so much a conspiracy. I do think they have good intentions. However, I think the Maschine team is undermanned. For them to openly admit switching an entire team to develop a new product for a year is absurd. Any serious company would've developed a completely new team to R&D KK-S. They are either running out of money or badly managed. Running out of money would explain all the sales and price drops. This is why I wish Native Instruments was a publicly traded company instead of private. That way we could take a peak at the balance sheet and see whats really going on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

The open letter said that Maschine Devs "shifted focus to integration with Komplete, improving the browsing experience and integrating the new Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboard hardware"

and

"Over the next 12 months we'll be bringing a number of free updates which will address some more long-standing issues, but will also push Maschine forward with new and updated features like improved slicing and better host integration when running Maschine as a plug-in"

and

"Rest assured that we’re committed to continuing along the path of refining Maschine as an awesome production instrument, and that we are also already working on some bigger features that have been mentioned in discussions here and elsewhere over the past couple of years"

This was from May 23rd 2016, so technically he didn't lie about the time frame. Maybe 5/23 is the day. ;):cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. CakeAlexS

Yup it's all gonna be fixed in 2 weeks. Yippie can't wait!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Sorry, waaaay too much butter on my fingers from all the popcorn to be able to reply properly...the dramatic arc of the story is rising however. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

12. CakeAlexS

13. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

They've got tied up in beta ideas, and refinements, and lost their way...

14. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Maybe the agile methods are part of the beta ideas and refinements (as opposed to public releases).

15. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  16. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

You've all got it wrong. NI have stopped development of Maschine to concentrate of the forthcoming Kore 3 <ducks and runs Quasimodo style>

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Like Like x 2
  18. Braz

Braz NI Product Owner

Thank you.
    Keep up the good work, I'm sure the rework of the arranger is not an easy task when you need to make it work with 4 controllers and legacy sessions.
    The level of salt and whine on this forum is incredible, but IMHO Maschine is great and will keep improving.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Eddie Jag

Eddie Jag NI Product Owner

Hey,

I was happily wrong. Thank you. Leave all the new shinny stuff for the next Maschine. I'll just take the routings save as a huge bonus. Coulda thrown realtime stretching in there, but I'll live ;).

Off to make music.

20. CakeAlexS

Way too slow.

• Like Like x 3