1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

No sound from Guitar Combo

Discussion in 'GUITAR COMBOS' started by michaela2z, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaela2z

michaela2z New Member

Hi. I just got a Behringer Guitar Link UC6102 which included software for its ASIO and NI's Plexi, Twang and AC combo. I installed the ASIO as instructed and the combos and everything appears to be working fine but despite there been an output shown on the program I am getting no sound from my computer speakers.

Should I get sound from the computer speakers or is it only from the Behringer interface headphone socket that I'd recieve sound from?

Thanks for any help.

2. Ax8472

Ax8472 New Member

I'm getting the very same problems. Although I tried loading a sampler which worked for a little while (through the speakers) and then it just stopped working at all. I tried to play again, load others, and the software still wouldn't play any sound.

It's very frustrating. No instructions in the box either!
    ---
    In fact I've outputted the sounds to my speaker amp, and can confirm that the output is working fine, I hear windows "ding's but there's nothing registering as an input. Even when I used Guitar Combo.

I'm not sure if this is more of a hardware thing than software, but GC detected sound briefly earlier when I tried...

3. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome to both of you =)

With Guitar Link, you need to use the headphone out provided with Guitar Link. ASIO requires the same device to be used for input and output.

ew

4. michaela2z

michaela2z New Member

O right, I thought that may be the case when I was trying to change the routing and all I could select was the ASIO. Thanks for the help atleast I know its working properly:)

5. bottomsup

bottomsup New Member

I can't get my guitar to play through the headphones OR my laptop. I also just bought the Behringer Guitar Link UC6102. I know my guitar is working cos I played it through my little practice amp. I can get the 'tapedeck' to work and the metronome but not my guitar. HELP!
    ---
    OK, I got sound comin through my headphones. What's with the delay? I hit the string and ther's like a one second delay before the sound comes through. My cords are not 1,108.8 ' long. ;-)

6. michaela2z

michaela2z New Member

That delay is from the latency (I'm assuming). If the program you using provides presets for the ASIO try selecting a more "relaxed" option or one that is easier going on the computer. If not change the output latency, I believe increasing it will get rid of the delay but experiment. If you worried take note of the setting before you change then you can always put things back.

7. hrdryder

hrdryder New Member

Problems with ASIO and IAxe guitar

I bought an IAxe guitar off Ebay a couple years ago, the software disk wasn't included (music dealer was reselling the guitar, didn't know what happened to it). Anyway, I tried using Guitar Rig 2.xx with the ASIO drivers, could never get it to work with my laptop (HP n6320). Recently I tried again with Guitar Combos, but I didn't install ASIO, just let Windows install what it called a 'USB Codec'. I set up the interface using DirectSound, had to play with the latency settings due to buzzing noise/distortion. I found that anything less than 15ms output latency would cause noise but I set the input all the way down to 7ms without problems. I'm still getting a bit of delay, so I may try the ASIO interface again, but I'm hopeful that I've stumbled across a (imperfect) solution. BTW, I tried setting the input and output separately, and WAS able to get sound out of my laptop speakers, but the volume was very low. Turning up all the controls only increased the distortion. I may see what happens with external amps on the computer.

As I get time to play with the program and equipment, I'll report back on my findings. Hope this info helps someone else.

Dave

8. steve brand

steve brand New Member

Guitar Combo freezes

Hi. I purchased installed, loaded and activated Behringer Guitar Combos I, and everything was cool for a couple of weeks. One morning I launched the application and it was frozen - menus, metronome, tape deck - everything. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the software and the driver and on different internal hard drives. Still the same problem - it launches and the amp face is visible, but nothing works.

Any clues?

By the way, can you help me find the place where I make 'new posts' - I can reply to existing posts but there doesn't seem to be a place for me to create new posts!

Steve

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Not that I can think of, sorry to say. I'd contact support if I were you.
    Sure- the button at the top of the forum that says new thread. See the thumb.

ew

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.