No sound from Kontakt with MIDI setup

jmbalich
jmbalich Member Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Please be patient........perhaps this software is too far over my head and i should give this up.

Im 70 years old and fighting Parkinson's disease and this is supposed to be therapy (!) I truly value the help i have received............last question for a while..............

When i start a new project, I insert a soft synth (Kontakt) I choose an instrument and select midi 1. I then g to track view and set up a track and link it to kontakt set to midi channel one. I then check inspector to make sure it shows Kontakt on midi channel one. I go back to the kontakt browser and play the onscreen keyboard with the mouse. NO Sound. Likewise no sound when i enter notes in staff view. I will really appreciate a bit of help or i must quit.

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer โœ“

OK, first thing I see is a midi track, but I do not see the Soft Synth Track... which means Kontak audio is not routed to an Audio output.

try this step by step

1. Start a new project. Insert a soft synth by going to "Insert --> Soft Synth" or clicking the Plus (+) in the synth rack and selecting Kontakt. This will create an aggregate Midi/Audio Track if you select "Simple Instrument Track" from the "Insert Soft Synth Options" Dialog... (See Screenshot at bottom).
    2. Once the Kontak interface opens, load "The Grandeur" now you should hear the output of Kontakt.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes!!!

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer โœ“

Would you mind sharing with us was did the trick? ๐Ÿ”

• Nico_NI
    Answer โœ“

Answers

• Blindeddie

@jmbalich , What DAW are you using? Can you post a screenshot showing the track settings and Kontakt?

• jmbalich

I WILL, THANKS. I am using Bandlab Cakewalk. BTW Kontakt works in stand alone mode, not with Cakewalk.

In the screen shot of the browser you will see Grandeur Piano set on midi channel 1. Next Screen shot is of the TRACK view in Cakewalk. Track one is connected to Kontakt, channel one./ Note that the virtual keyboard has no sound as well.

• jmbalich

this is a track view screen shot

• Blindeddie
    Answer โœ“

OK, first thing I see is a midi track, but I do not see the Soft Synth Track... which means Kontak audio is not routed to an Audio output.

try this step by step

1. Start a new project. Insert a soft synth by going to "Insert --> Soft Synth" or clicking the Plus (+) in the synth rack and selecting Kontakt. This will create an aggregate Midi/Audio Track if you select "Simple Instrument Track" from the "Insert Soft Synth Options" Dialog... (See Screenshot at bottom).
    2. Once the Kontak interface opens, load "The Grandeur" now you should hear the output of Kontakt.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes!!!

• jmbalich

BINGO!! problem solved!

• Nico_NI
    Answer โœ“

Would you mind sharing with us was did the trick? ๐Ÿ”

• Blindeddie

@Nico_NI See my accepted answer, the OP had not properly set up Kontakt as a Soft Synth in Cakewalk!

• Nico_NI
    Answer โœ“
  • Blindeddie

The moving of "Accepted/Best answer" to the top of the thread is a bit confusing sometimes and skews the "timeline" of the thread...not sure if it has been mentioned in the "Forum Improvement" post, I guess I should make note of it there!

• Nico_NI

Yeah we noticed this pretty early on and I have to agree it's pretty confusing. We'll see with the provider if something can be done for that in the future.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

To me it makes sense that accepted answer is repeated on top, not moved. And then when you stumble upon that post again when reading further down the thread, that post should be perhaps framed or have a different background.

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

I like that Idea, I was thinking more in the line of a link under the post that states "View the Best/Accepted answer to this question" that scrolls to the answer...Highlighting it would definitely add clarity but preserve continuity of the thread.

Hmmm... Ideas and Feedback thread closed...