NOIIZ

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by slyte, Jan 25, 2017.

1. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

Will that work with Maschine ?

http://www.noiiz.com/

Seems to be a game changer for anyone using sample.
    Samplephonics is known for top notch samples and presets , Flume used tons of them for his album Skin.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bluemoon151

bluemoon151 NI Product Owner

Got the email introducing this new site, nice for those who can afford to pay the price, for me it's just like komplete i rather pay only for what i need.:D

edit:I just took a look at the pricing it's not that bad for a year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

yep 89$ a year, and all you download is yours even after cancellation

4. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

I found the answer here :

• Like Like x 1
  5. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...there seems to be a group subscription for 20 people for $999 a year - so even cheaper than the $89... ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. egjanuary

egjanuary NI Product Owner

The samples quality is nice and the library is huge.

• Like Like x 2
  7. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

Tons of ideas to start new songs, it's no a brainer fro me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

I must say its tempting, I was browsing through the samples yesterday and some nice stuff in there. I like the random sample generators and the idea of the plugin with the drag/drop too. Might have to bite on this one.

9. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...uh-oh - watched the noiiz trailer. It starts with "Imagine...". The Kore trailers back then did too... :D

Samplephonics really have some of the best sample packs on the market and for a moment I was inclined (btw. the similar Loopmasters subscription announcement a few days ago left me absolutely cold :)). From what I heard in the recent years I like Samplephonics sample packs very much (including the cover art :thumbsup:). But I have mixed feelings about it. For me the question is - do I need more samples?

Let's put it like this - finding good samples (or the one you just need) is like looking for a needle in the haystack and the answer of the sample providers for this problem always seems to be "let's throw in more hay". But unless content creators and providers (including the ones running this forum!) manage to do the "impossible" and come up with usable, meaningful and consistent categorisation systems (something the Maschine factory library & the expansions have not :rolleyes::mad:), to me offers like this - even with this quality and at this price - seem to be just another occasion to waste my time sifting through dozens & hundreds of samples until I don't know anymore, what I was actually looking for. But only this time online and paying for a subscription.

(...so glad there isn't a Paypal option - I might have caved...:oops::D)

• Like Like x 1
  10. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

I don't really do premade loops and stuff, but I'll check it out. Seems interesting.

11. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

Where did you hear about the Loopmasters deal?

12. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...it's not a deal, but an announcement for a similar app - seems to be to where the development is heading. Loopmasters already offered the majority (or all, I don't know exactly) of their catalogue at splice.com. This has already been a good deal (economically), but now they've announced Loopcloud and I suppose, they might offer a similar introduction deal. I'm not a big fan of subscription models as well as sample packs, but I guess, if I should choose between the two I would choose Samplephonics - I think, that was what I was trying to indicate. :)

13. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

I joined with the $89/year plan. I just downloaded over 8 gigs of Samplephonics packs. There's plenty of content in different genres. Loads of inspiration.

14. davemacp

davemacp NI Product Owner

Loopcloud isn't a subscription service like Noiiz, it's just cloud based hosting for any packs you purchase from Loopmasters. It does have a plugin similar to Noiiz from what I can tell though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...ah - my mistake then. I guess, I've mixed Loopcloud and Loopmaster's engagement with Splice and thought they'd go that subscription route, too.

16. quiet

quiet NI Product Owner

@loachm ... what do you mean by. "usable, meaningful and consistent categorisation system"...
    Not challenging your statement... just wonder what exactly you imagine as a possibility...

Btw all... I'm considering this as well.. 89 isn't much for a year of fun..(if it was last that long)

17. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

Just signed up last night, but found that the Windows plugin isnt' available yet . Says it will be available "imminently"

18. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...don't want to derail the thread too much, but, for instance, with "meaningful" and "consistent" I mean exactly that. :) You've dealt quite a lot with the factory library recently, I assume, so let's take this as an example.

If you go to the samples tab - can you tell the difference between a Buzz, a Drill and a Glitch? What's a Bizz, a Churp, a Crup, a Tick? But that's just trivia, as, indeed, some weird electronic percussion sh*t is neglectable. :) But what is that Strike category and why are there rimshots? Another example - go to the Hits & Stabs category and browse the stabs. Which sounds would you have expected to find in the Chords category, which one in one of these electronic percussion categories - and again, what is the difference between a hit and a stab and wouldn't you have expected some of these sounds maybe in the Impact category or elsewhere? What's the Distortion category - why are there bass sounds as well as effect sounds?

One might say, all of this is nitpicking and OCD and would be probably right - what's the big deal, you browse through the sounds and you take what you like and don't care about it. That works for one time. But what about situations when you remember a or some sounds, that would be perfect right now, but you don't remember the name nor the category name. You know what kind of sound it is, but can you be sure to find it in that category. What do you do now? You start browsing again (just a favourite star on some samples is not helping either btw.). And it may get to a point, at which the usefulness of the whole system, i.e. the content itself, becomes questionable, because you might constantly spend your time with things you don't to do - browsing and browsing.

Another example would be including the root note in the sample names - some samples have that, some not. Figuring out the note isn't difficult and it's not a problem doing it one time. But what about a couple of times? The same with chord names - some have them included, some have not, some have an interval - this is what I mean when I say I think it's "inconsistent".

I don't mean to speak ill of the factory library - quite the contrary, it's really good. It's just badly organised. But it's still better than what other providers offer. That being said, if I take a look at the screenshot of the Noiiz plug-in on their website, I see BPM, a key info, a general sample type info, and a general instrument info and I immediately know I'd have to invest some time to find something close to what I have in mind. But that's probably why sample packs and such subscription offers aren't for people like me. Apart from Maschine expansions (and with some I'm also wondering why) I bought my last sample pack over ten years ago, I think. So, I just try to do my sounds on my own, but I really wish, it would be easier. However, I know how expensive and annoying and maybe not financially rewarding it would be for sample developers to create a system that would be close to what I indicated - that's why I wrote "manage to do the impossible"...

...sorry, for getting OT and it got longer than I wanted to...

• Like Like x 2
  19. quiet

quiet NI Product Owner

@kb420 ( nice name)
    So is it possible to download whole packs at once? Or only one sample at a time? ...
    Do they include Maschine format?

20. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

You can download whole packs. All of the samples are .wav files. They aren't assembled in Mashince Groups.