NOIIZ

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by slyte, Jan 25, 2017.

1. quiet

quiet NI Product Owner

Thanks kb420....but they do sell Maschine format on their site, right?... so those aren't available through Noiiz?

2. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

Actually, I was wrong. If you look in the Samplephonics packs, there is a folder entitled "Sampler Instruments", and in that folder, there are Maschine presets.

• Like Like x 2
  3. quiet

quiet NI Product Owner

well that make me MUCH more likely to buy then..thanks for doing their work for them..Ha

4. the hamburgler

the hamburgler Forum Member

are these the complete sample packs from sample phonics that you would get outside of this promotion or is this a stripped down version of their library titles?

• Like Like x 1
  5. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

They are complete. Some of the packs I downloaded were over 1 gig of content compressed.

6. the hamburgler

the hamburgler Forum Member

and all royalty free as well?

7. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

Yes royalty free

8. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

Not to mention NOIIZ is gonna be even more usable when Maschine will have TimeStrech. It may be a Killer combo.

9. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats Guest

let me know if 20 people want to go in on a group deal.

10. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats Guest

When I am browsing and choose vocal>show me 100 random samples then it keeps bringing up the same packs over and over again. This is a bad sign in my judgment.

11. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Looks interesting, what are people's experiences with it so far?

12. Gidi

Gidi NI Product Owner

Searching and sorting could be better.
    I'd like to be able to sort by type (loop,one shot etc) but what I think that's great about is, is that from the vst plugin you can set your project tempo.
    All the samples you drag into your daw or maschine, are automatically timestretched to the project tempo.
    You can also repitch the sample before dragging.

13. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

For anyone who cares, the Noiiz plug-in (beta) is now available for windows. I was playing with it last night and its pretty slick.

14. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

Has it got any Bagpipe samples ?? if so I'm all over it

15. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats Guest

Honestly when I sit there and run through Splice.com which I paid the $9 bucks a month or whatever to go through their samples and try to pick some stuff, mainly vocal bits to use as samples, then I can foresee this Noise plug as being just another big time waster. I seriously sit there and wade through all the lame trap samples, all the lame rookie hip hop guy samples, all the over produced deep house samples that sound like they are just cut out of a break down of a song all the generic ragga samples and all the vocal samples that aint actual vocal samples then I can conclude that Im always better off just trying to actually sample a record or at lamest finding a youtube video sample (actually youtube has the worst quality but has the most availability).
    $9 aint bad to find 9 samples that you will actually use but maybe just go to the record shop and find 9 $1 accapella records that you can actually find something original and great sound quality to.

16. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Do the sounds inspire you for anybody that has tried this?

17. egjanuary

egjanuary NI Product Owner

I have it. Inspiring? I guess you could get inspired by a good drum loop or something. There are so many sounds.
    I thought the breadth of material is wide and according to Noiiz it should expand.
    The VST app is cool, the packs are great since they have Maschine presets in there, and other presets for other DAWs and samplers

18. thegreenman

thegreenman NI Product Owner

Not sure if it is fake ..at least now, it may evolve. It suggests that all their sample cds are inside. But when you search the content in the demo, there isnt really that much in there.

19. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

Oh, this isn't fake at all, its the real deal. The NOIIZ plug-in really can't make loop-based beat making any easier, with the ability to find any style, tempo, key, instrument, sound, etc. and drag/drop into your DAW. Its a perfect fit for ableton and push 2. I'm having a blast with this thing. I've only had about an hour or so to tinker and here's something I came up with. this was done with only NOIIZ content, unaltered loops with just some basic stock ableton fx. Really looking forward to where this service goes, and hope they add more content, presets, features, etc... the concept is phenomenal, and the $89 lifetime unlimited membership isn't remorseful.

btw, excuse my shaky recording and poor audio. this was done with my phone on the fly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

@D-J-K - it sounds really good and looks like a lot of fun! :thumbsup: Don't want to dis it or disencourage others - however, I still think for me personally it wouldn't work, as after a while I might look at a track and wonder what part has actually been made by me. It's looks more like remixing or djing. I'm probably too old-fashioned for that and, who knows, maybe in a few years I might be using something like that, too. But right now I probably agree more with Stephan Schmitt, who said at the Loop conference, that a lot is probably about making an effort, so that the creation has some meaning and is worth something to its creator.

• Like Like x 1