1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Noob advice: Traktor Scratch vs. Serato Scratch Live

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by SoulLifter, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balance

Balance NI Product Owner

I used FS 1.5 for about 3 years before buying SSL. At the end of the day they both perform the same function. Play your tracks without having to lug around 800 pounds of cds. At your current stage of dj'ing the fancy stuff should be the furthest thing from your mind. The upside to SSL is it's native MIDI interfaces. The CDJ-400 talks to SSL as does one of the new Dennon controllers. Rane also has several components that work hand in hand with SSL. They are also about to release a new version of Scratch Live that is suppose to be amazing. You can also VJ with SSL with the proper gear. I'm not advocating either system. I'm just familure with SSL so that's what I can talk about. Like the other posts said, I would try both of them and make a decision. Serato has a proven track record. I know several guys who are scared to go play with Traktor due to it's instabilities.
    ---
    Another thing: SSL provides all the software, any updates, and ISO's for the control cd's for free. You can download the software without having the SSL Box and use it as a cataloging program if you wanted.

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Yeah as a committed Traktor user that has used Serato on only a few occasions i decided to download the Windows Demo to see if i could gain a better more balanced view of the product.

You cant really do anything with it. What use is the Serato Demo if you dont have the hardware. You only get one deck.
    Im NOT being funny here , im genuinely intrigued.
    This is not a fanboy rant i promise you . There is far less information on the Serato website than i expected. At least with Traktor you can mix with the Demo and see if its gonna be the right software for you.

I tried the Itch Demo on my Mac thinking at least that will give me 2 decks i can control with the laptop keyboard. Nope

Tell me im missing something here.

3. memit nadill

memit nadill New Member

I have been kicking myself lately for buying Traktor Scratch after using Serato at my friend's house because I really like how the vertical waveform display allows you to see your tracks side by side so that you can match beats visually as well as audibly. Serato's display essentially allows you to see into the future so that you can see if future beats are matched, not just the real time beats. I am going to have to switch to Serato if Native Instruments does not come up with a way to provide this type of display like Serato does.

4. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

LOL

5. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

yeh the wave forms rock on serato, way better than traktor but i dont use them to match the beats? thats impossible.

are you refering to the small wave display that shows you when the tracks are drifting?

im on the verge of selling serato as i need the audio8 for my middi set up. anyone interested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.