noob compatibility question

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by djrobot123, May 25, 2019.

1. djrobot123

djrobot123 New Member

hi there, im changing my setup to be mostly NI based. I intend to get a Machine mk3 and also a A25 to run with komplete start initially.
    can projects, samples, sound packs, etc work between these two NI product platforms? I also like the idea of using I machine 2 on the go as I already use field samples with my existing hardware but wish to replace all this so its easy to move from initial sampling through the whole production process up to a finished track...ive tried this using hardware but ultimately have become frustrated with the fact in the end I need a software programme to finish projects so hence embracing a software based approach utilising midi hardware surfaces for that hands on feel.

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes of course both work well together. I use maschine mostly stand alone then you can use maschine and the a25 to control it or just one of the 2. And all native products work well with it. If you use a daw and open up maschine and kk software then you can also use every library in both, and additionaly use maschine to control maschine and the A25 to control a instance of kk software. But the integration is not perfekt yet with every daw but with the next updates (mcu) support it will be way better for example a25 follows track selection also with kk software.

Uwe

But for now I would suggest a maschine stand alone workflow, but let's see some other opinions

3. djrobot123

djrobot123 New Member

thanks for that man! that gives me a lot to think about...;-]