noobies' homework

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Aleksandr Smirnov, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Aleksandr Smirnov

Aleksandr Smirnov NI Product Owner

Works only this way (see attachment) :)

Attached Files:

2. herw

herw NI Product Owner

the learning curve is endless - and that's ok :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. dramsenik

dramsenik NI Product Owner

Had some time issue last days, you guys have a rate that i have some trouble to follow.
    60 hours a week out of home for my work and a family = less time with Reaktor and sometimes even none at all...

Herw, many thanks i could keep up in the beginning and it makes me again take the plunge into building which i have done many times in the past but with little success. In my mind you showed us very well the way of thinking to solve issues. With the right tools to analyze audio and events it's just so more interesting.

I think of the event watcher but also the oscilloscope which is THE tool that i didn't use in my last attempts.

The audioscope that we use for ADSR analysis is really nice also and i guess this is a tool that can be improved a lot. (For example to show graphically all sort of events, with an adaptive scale. Maybe also it could tell us values more precisely) Anyway this could be an idea for a good builder. Me i will work on it (because i like it) but i'm sure it will take a long time.

Many thanks ! And see you soon in the "Building with Reaktor Forum)

Regards,

4. Aleksandr Smirnov

Hi Michel!

We have continued a bit here (very hard task):

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79501

When you have some time feel free to join!

Alex.

5. dramsenik

Aside I managed to make a MOD from a macro that i like.

So all credits to Rufus Cable for his Spinning 7-segment display v1.0

And thanks to you again Herw, I abandonned this mod a long time ago because i couldn't do it and now:

From thumb No 1 To No 2 (Added Midi CH and CC, CC works well now and is useful if you have a keyboard with Knobs and faders)

Suddenly it was an easy task...

Attached Files:

6. Aleksandr Smirnov

Looks nice!

7. dramsenik

8. Aleksandr Smirnov

Anybody wants to start polyphony research? :)

9. Two headed demon

Two headed demon NI Product Owner

I would like to. :D
    But Im short on time cus I have school and work to do, so if its okay with you to do it slowly, step by step, Im in.

10. Aleksandr Smirnov

Well, I don't have too much time either. I will have to study more next days.

Did you ever had experience with polyphony? It's actually a little weird and hard thing to understand. Say for example you have 1 oscillator and 4 Attack-Decay Amplitudes. You want to 1 voice of oscillator attach 1 amplitude, for 2 voice - 2nd amplitude, for 3 - 3rd and for 4 - 4th. I thought it would be easy to implement, but it's actually not that easy. If you have some ideas feel free to share it.

I don't know where exactly should we start from, but I hope I'll find some tasks somewhere. Maybe somebody will join us as well.

11. dramsenik

Is this what you want ?

Attached Files:

• t.JPG
      t.JPG
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
  12. dramsenik

Or it is when 2 voices are played together then they go through the AD env number 2 and if 3 voices together then 3rd AD env, etc.
    ?

13. Two headed demon

Now we know how to separate voices from polyphonic signals (Fr. V module) and we also know how to adress certain voice in polyphonic signal (to V module). What we can do with that?

14. Two headed demon

I think it can be done also like that...

Attached Files:

15. dramsenik

the module voice info just give a value of 4 all the time it don't gives the number of voices actually used in the instrument.

No matter what i play on my keyboard you can see that the value stay on 4 :
    (Recorded from the output Vcs of the Voice Info module)

Attached Files:

• t.JPG
      t.JPG
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views:
  16. herw

herw NI Product Owner

POLYPHONE ENVELOPE.gif
    ciao herw

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  17. herw

herw NI Product Owner

use the event watcher to analyse!

18. Aleksandr Smirnov

All your structures work, but only for 1 attached voice. I'm sorry I probably asked wrong question. I didn't tell that these voices should sound simultaneously and for this they should be stored somewhere (Event Table for example). So, say you have list with 4 values (1, 2, 3 and 4 voices). When you choose voice and attach amplitude to this voice. Actually it could be done like this more easier way: you have 4 amplitudes and 4 oscillators. But I want to operate with voices of one instrument. I hope this time I explained it correctly. Also I will try to make some kind of ensemble to show you what exactly I want to do, but I'm going to sleep right now, so it will be tomorrow. But it's great to see that thread is up again.

19. Aleksandr Smirnov

Here is the example (see attachment). Let's say I want to implement same structure, but using Event Tables (or Audio Tables) to store value of each amplitude of each voice independenly and make them sound together. I hope that's clear.

Attached Files:

20. dramsenik

From post #256
    But this is not automatic ? you have a list and you need to choose an entry in the pannel of the instrument ? I miss something here...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009