"NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON HARD DRIVE" message, although I have more than enough.....

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by M1kE1888, Feb 3, 2017.

1. M1kE1888

M1kE1888 New Member

Could anyone please send me a link or give me some advice on this issue.....
    Everything on Komplete 11 has now installed ok, except for "Kontact Factory Library" again.... ! For some reason all my problems have been with this download..... Although I've had some useful replies to my recent posts, none of them has resolved this particular problem.
    Apparently I don't have enough space on hard drive to install (23.2GB) although I have over 70 GB of free space, this is the last item I need to download and would really appreciate any help to complete my Komplete 11 install on my Mac.
    PS, my knowledge on the technical side of computing is fairly basic, so I would appreciate it for advice in simple terms.
    Thanks Guys...
    Mike

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Sorry to hear that you unfortunately encounter one problem after another with the new Native Access (which was introduced with the release of Komplete 11 and sadly has still some bugs)

Have you already tried to install only the Kontakt Factory Library via the install button next to it (instead of using the [INSTALL ALL] button at the top) like suggested in these threads?:

Otherwise you might also try to use a different Download location for the installer files (can be set in the Preferences):
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/211577305

Or maybe check if there's a direct download link available in the 'My Products & Serials'-area in your account:
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209544749

If this doesn't solve the problem, you need to contact NI Support directly.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. M1kE1888

M1kE1888 New Member

Thanks Solger, once again I appreciate your reply.... I've tried everything, but still no luck, I will contact support and hopefully whilst I'm trying to get this issue resolved, NI may fix this download bug....
    Thanks again
    Mike

4. AureVoir

AureVoir NI Product Owner

has anyone helped you? i had this issue but i solved it

5. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Can you please post how you solved the issue, so other users can see your solution when finding this thread ...

6. AureVoir

AureVoir NI Product Owner

for me it was an issue with my MacBook pro and how it "optimized storage"

i turned on storage optimization and wen to look at my available storage. it said i had like 100, but had a light grey section called purgeable.
    you will need an external hard drive or usb
    what you need to do is take some file thats slight bigger than the purgeable space and move it to you main hard drive from an external or usb and then after its moved delete it. should clear the issue right up

7. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

I have had occasions when downloads failed even though I thought there was enough space, and emptying the Recycle Bin (I'm on Windows 7) freed up the space I thought was already available. I have not done a rigorous test, but I got the impression that Windows doesn't tell downloaders about the space occupied by files in the Recycle Bin.

8. Alex1001

Alex1001 New Member

i guess one problem could be that u have to download a compressed file to your drive and for installation your file has to be decompressed. So if you need 20 GB for your download u will at least need another 20 GB for decompressing the file (in general more.) so you need about 40-50 or even more GB for a download/installation of 20 GB.

9. Erik Hanson

Erik Hanson New Member

Sorry I'm having this same issue and would love to get it resolved but I don't quite understand how you solved it. Could you explain in more detail? Thanks