1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Notes longer than 1 bar in Step Mode?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by astronaut, Dec 25, 2012.

1. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

greets

does anyone know if there is a way to enter notes longer than 1 bar in Step Mode? (without using the mouse)

2. marzy

marzy NI Product Owner

Not that i know of. Needs to be added if not. You can always select events and change the note length as of 1.7 at least. While I'm at it, being able to zoom out more than 16 bars would be nice :)

3. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

You mean in Select mode?

4. marzy

marzy NI Product Owner

yeap through the hardware. better than nothing i suppose

5. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

ok

Select allows you to select all events of a pad, but where do I go to adjust the length of the selected notes?

6. 73*

73* Forum Member

Knob 5 or 6, don't have Maschine plugged in an running right now.

It will likely say "Length (Multi)" or something similar. If you are wanting to make all the lengths the same it works best to first shorten everything to the shortest length (set by the grid). Then lengthen to your desired note length (which again can be set by the grid settings). This actually works very well, not quite as well in Cubase, but it is a very efficient way to quantize the length of all the selected notes.

7. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

I've got a mikro maschine.

8. marzy

marzy NI Product Owner

I also got it wrong, it's version 1.8 or whatever we're on that has the note length from hardware, I was on 1.72 over the hols without it.

73 pretty much explained it! any luck>