Noticed a bug with Komplete Kontrol Keyboard and Mischine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by VincentV, Dec 8, 2017.

1. VincentV

VincentV NI Product Owner

Was trying to record some automation on KK88 and it did not work, same procedure on Maschine MK3 and it worked flawlessly. But not if I used the knobs on Keyboard.

2. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

What host were you trying to record automation in?

3. Tim @ NI

Tim @ NI Director | Music Production NI Team

Hi VincentV

Are you trying to record Modulation data into Maschine from the S88? If so, make sure that the S88 is connected to Maschine and then:

1. Press SHIFT+Parameter Left and Right buttons together (these are the arrow buttons to the left of the display). This enables Auto recording from the keyboard.

2. Adjust parameters as required.

Best,
    Tim

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. VincentV

Maschine studio.

5. VincentV

No, I was just turning a knob on a synth module from NI. Had record automation turned on and tried it several times with K88 keyboard and even though I heard the changes they did not stick, but when I did the very same thing in Maschine, worked as expected. It is a bug and needs to be addressed, thus this post.

6. Tim @ NI

Tim @ NI Director | Music Production NI Team

Hi VincentV

We are unable to reproduce the issue that you are describing in-house with KOMPLETE KONTROL S88.

Enabling automation recording is independent for MASCHINE controllers and KOMPLETE KONTROL controllers. When automation recording is enabled on KOMPLETE KONTROL by pressing "SHIFT+Page Button Left+Page Button Right", "AUTO ON" is displayed in the Page field. Pressing Play and turning a knob is then recording the automation (modulation) data to the selected pattern.

If this is not the case in your setup, please contact Technical Support who have the tools to look deeper into the issue and diagnose.

Many thanks,
    Tim

7. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

8. VincentV

Had no idea I had to go through all that, when I had Maschine studio, I would just select on Maschine to record automation and it would work regardless of whether I used the Maschine studio knobs or the Komplete Kontrol S88 knobs. Is this a new feature? Seems to be a little weird when working in the Maschine environment to have to stop the work flow to remember to press extra buttons on the S88. Maybe something you all can consider with the next update.
    Thanks for the tip.

9. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

Truthfully, what Tim described does not sound at all hard or difficult. I'm just glad it exists as a feature at all! :)

Terry