Novation Remote Zero SL and Traktor 3

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by palaeo-tech, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixego

nixego Forum Member

I like your approach mishmash - and also like your signature...cause it's so true.

2. for[e]sight

for[e]sight New Member

hey guys. i just got Traktor 3.3 and a ReMote Zero SL installed on my mac. I'm trying to get it mapped right now but somehow Automap does not appear in the MIDI settings. is there something i'm missing?

I still get the SL's Port 1, 2, and 3 appearing in Traktor. But there's no Automap in there.

clues? trying to be lazy and avoid the slow method of doing a "learn" on each knob and fader.. haha

much appreciated. ;)

3. mishmashmole

mishmashmole NI Product Owner

Automap doesn't work with Traktor. You need to download the templates from the Novation site or any of the user created ones in this thread/forum. (I think I'm right in saying this but someone else could confirm).

4. for[e]sight

for[e]sight New Member

ah dang. i guess i gotta spend a hour or two setting it up then. :cool:

at least i'll be prepared this time. i was at a gig on friday night with a fresh install of Traktor 3, and only realised i forgot to map my keys after dropping the 1st tune. LOL. it was a hectic session of mapping keys in between songs!

5. electrotimba

electrotimba New Member

Thanks for the template. There is mistake in .TKS - the Knob 2 of FX B should be cc 22 (instead of cc 18 which belongs to FX A knob 2 )

6. NLS666

NLS666 Forum Member

Nixego, thanks a lot for the crystal clear explanation! Worked like a charm. Except, since my SL61 is way to big, now I want an extra remote zero to take on the road... Damm, there goes the cash again...

Greetz,
    NLS

7. aliensoundsystem

aliensoundsystem New Member

novation problem

can someone tell me the right config for the rotorys on the novation remote zero sl.
    I dont get it right for seek and pitch, right now it works only one way right, and the other way not.

So when i use one for seek, and scroll to the front till i find the beat i want, its ok, but when i need to get 1 step back, it jumps back a big step. So rotate to the left gives bigger steps then to the right.

anyone? i tryed all the options in the config programm of novation.

For those who use a difrent midi for seek, play, scratch. and only want to use the novation for mixing and effects, i have a 2 deck setup that works pretty well, i can share the template and tks file with you if you like. i use it with a faderfox.

8. MOK19

MOK19 New Member

Not sure on that rotary problem, Aliensondsystem... I'm assuming you've tried every combination of control type in Traktor and the ReMote template editor...

I just got up and running and did a trial set. Took a bit of time to adjust things just right. Nixego, you're the man. Thanks for posting those files and the tutorial. It helps a lot, even for those who've read the manual.

During installation I ran into one odd issue: You need to load your template pages in the right sequence (lower template# to the first page), or else your row select buttons will access the wrong template.

I use the ReMote 61SL, so the first thing I had to go and change was take out the crossfader assignment, and change it to Wind Up/down, with it's springloaded position in the middle. Additionally, the one or two of the Jump Backward buttons were misassigned, and it really helps to put some of the controls' default starting positions to 64 rather than 0. Other than that, I got it down.

Props, Nixego. I hope NI chooses to repost this info somewhere so that your post doesn't get lost. It's a hell of a lot better than repeatedly searching the manual.

9. Oi Jackson!

Oi Jackson! New Member

ive been using the remote sl 25 now for about 5months. i have 3 patches depending on what or where im playing. i did alot of looking around before buying this and i think i made the right choice. you can produce an dj on this baby an in my opinion it looks cooler than the likes of the vestax/m-audio. ive seen peeps dj'in with these an they jus look like toys.

its easy to setup and modify an there is alot of support on the net. just like on here. an knobs an faders, loads of em! i was looking at getting the zero but decided that the extra keys would come in handy for more control on software like traktor.

the only thing i dont like about the remote series is the screen. in certain situations, well depending on where you have it, you jus carnt see the info properly. which led me to making my own cut out templates. bit **** considering that novation plugged this to death. its not bad if your just using a synth in logic but when you have a 3/4 deck setup an pretty much very knob an fader patched, i can be a bit confusing an i kept hitting the wrong controls. i just hope that on the new models they have some form of tilt action so you can angle them.

well until someone comes along with a better all round midi controller or i win the lottery an can afford to buy the full allen an heath shebang ill always use the remote as my weapon of choice.

10. mishmashmole

mishmashmole NI Product Owner

I'd be interested in trying your template Jackson, or anyone else's for that matter. Have you got a document with the overlay?

11. MOK19

MOK19 New Member

I was fiddling around further with Nixego's template, which I'd already modified. On the remote 61, the modulation wheel is actually a pitch-bend joystick with the spring holding it at the bottom-center position. This makes me think it'd be great to use as my fine-tuning wind-up/down control, to subtly hold the stick forward or backwards as i correct the tempo. so I'd tried changing aorund the minimum/maximum values inside the Novation Editor to reflect the smallest wind-values possible, but I ran into a little snag.

I found that 1) the minimum value seemed to be 4. and 2) once I got down that low, the control stick would lose resolution. I dont know how to describe it otherwise... But Basically instead of eeking it forward, it turns into on/off, even though it's a joystick. Sorry i cant describe it better....

Does anyone know how to get around that?

12. slothdog

slothdog New Member

does anybody have the tks for the zero sl? not the 25sl as the 25sl has a bunch of stuff that the zero doesnt have and im lazy and dont really feel like going through the midi config and trying to figure out how to make the necessary changes.

13. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

i'm lazy too!

does anybody have songs that i can play and can anyone organize them in a setlist?

is there anybody who can come and dj for me with those songs and setlist?

i'm not going to pay you, i'm just too lazy to figure out anything on my own.

thanks!

14. slothdog

slothdog New Member

it would be nice if this was an actual community that shared things with its members, but i can see its just like the rest of the internet, full of assholes busy hiding being their anonymous computer screens.

thats cool, i understand, when i do get it all setup, ill be sure AND NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYBODY. because i wouldnt want to be the helpful one on a forum full of assholes.

15. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Im affraid your not gonna get a lot of love or sympathy on here with that admission . The guys who spend a lot of time mapping there gear are more than happy to share the love when people say they cant work it out or its just way above their capability but when you say you cant be bothered to even try, you can expect to be 'torn a new one' by the members. There are some very helpful people here, you just gotta help them to help you.

Searching the forum may help you.

16. slothdog

slothdog New Member

ok lets see.. how many of you own 3 business and work 20 hours a day? i dont exactly have time to spend twisting nobs all day and all night trying to figure out some toy. but i understand, its all good. ive got money, i can hire somebody to figure it for me, i dont need your help.

17. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

18. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

ok +1

I'll start @ $50/hr to get you up and running and teach you how to customize it yourself :)

19. yan

yan New Member

when i try to save the template by pressing write im getting a message on the controller itself that says

CANNOT SAVE TEMPLATE
    Memory Is Protected

How can i fix this!

Thanks,

Yan

20. yan

yan New Member

nm... i figured it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.