Now that S2 MK3 and Traktor DJ 2 are both out now, what is the verdict?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ 2' started by John Volitans, Jun 16, 2019.

1. John Volitans

John Volitans New Member

Any voices of experience out there been using S2 MK3/TDJ2 in a club setting yet? Would love to hear some feedback.

I currently use S2 MK2/TDJ1 in a club setting. Admittedly it’s probably not the robust setup but it does what I need. I love the portability and want to continue being an evangelist for being as mobile as possible. I see other DJs lug around super expensive setups and while their rigs do look pretty cool (and professional) I’d much rather travel light.

That said, I’m not sure there is a compelling reason to upgrade to MK3/TDJ2 if it doesn’t do anymore than my current setup. The only thing that really intrigues me is the iPad mounting holes on the MK3, which would eliminate the need for me to carry around a separate laptop stand (those things are a super pain to carry around without disassembling first!)

Thoughts?

2. AcidAlex303

AcidAlex303 NI Product Owner

The controller is good but the app is not great IMO. It seems like more of a concept than a finished product. So many features missing. I’d rather take a small MacBook Air with TP3 than use the iPad app.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mlgfx

mlgfx New Member

I‘m a big NI fan but I don‘t understand their decisions at all. We had to wait so long for TDJ2 but it doesn‘t even have as many functions as the first one. Little to no responses to the countless feedback threads, I just wish they were more transparent about their business..

4. Step77

Step77 New Member

Its a little frustrating at the moment feature wise. I could not get any response from the pitch reset feature which is a necessity. The two arrows either side of the Jog wheels do nothing either. I use the Z1 and mode play is not active yet but the effects are handled really well in TDJ2. So, mode/play and pitch reset definitely need attention from NI.